Orient Expat Friends

I Want To Marry A Vietnamese Woman

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 hobbler

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:18 AM

:lol:

This promises to be interesting.  Please make sure to give us updates after this blows up in your face :lol:

#32 Jetsam

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:34 AM

Be nice guys...

Why they're saying this though is that approaches such as you described, initially anyway, tend to be doomed to failure one way or another, often spectactularly. Be realistic and logical, and you have a chance.

#33 hobbler

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:48 AM

I am being nice

My point is more that saying you want to marry a specific nationality because they all have the same type attitude is ridiculous.  It's also doomed to failure.  Like Jet said, you may genuinely care for the girl, but how do you know that what she's professing isn't just an act?  Have you really considered the language and cultural issues that you'll run into?  It seems like you're gearing up the next two years of your life for a pipe dream.  

Either way, your best bet for meeting girls is going to be on a matchmaking website.  That way, when you finally go to Vietnam you'll meet some of the girls then and stay out of the nightlife areas.  It'll give you a more realistic idea of what life's like in the country.

Or just go to the nightlife areas and skip the matchmaking site if you're looking for a quick roll and a crash course in what's the worst that can happen.

#34 G_Whiz

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

View Posthobbler, on 2008-03-19 20:18:03, said:

This promises to be interesting.  Please make sure to give us updates after this blows up in your face :lol:

Cute... I tell you what, I will make you a deal.  I will be sure to watch and make sure it doesn't blow up in my face as long as you make sure this  http://www.orientexp...tyle_emoticons/default/jerk.gif doesn't blow up in yours... ah ah ah ahhhh, so sorry, stay right there I will get you a towel.   :lol:

"Sorry Mandi, I just had to do it"

View Posthobbler, on 2008-03-19 20:48:41, said:

My point is more that saying you want to marry a specific nationality because they all have the same type attitude is ridiculous.  It's also doomed to failure.
It was nothing more than a mere general statement with the assumption you guys would know I was not talking about every Viet lady.  Please give me some kind of credit, I was just pointing out some of things I noticed in the Viet women I have already met.

Like Jet said, you may genuinely care for the girl, but how do you know that what she's professing isn't just an act?
I think it's possible for every woman to do that to a guy and visa versa.
--Hence RULE#1: Never trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die!

Have you really considered the language and cultural issues that you'll run into?  It seems like you're gearing up the next two years of your life for a pipe dream.
Yes I have and I am working on learning them "every" day.  Each and every day I ad more words to my Viet vocab; and every day I learn different things about the culture.  Just today I learned on another forum here that Viet women do not like their men poking around in the kitchen, that is their territory.  I can live with that.  This is not something I am taking lightly with nothing more than a glancing thought about it every other day.  I am working hard at this learning everything I possibly can as fast as I can.

Either way, your best bet for meeting girls is going to be on a matchmaking website.  That way, when you finally go to Vietnam you'll meet some of the girls then and stay out of the nightlife areas.  It'll give you a more realistic idea of what life's like in the country.
That will be one of many approaches I take, I will also just cruise around the area talking to people, learning, sightseeing and such.  If I don't meet someone in one trip (And I realize I probably won't) I will just take away what I learned and go back again, and again, and again.  "Quitters never win and winners never quit"

Or just go to the nightlife areas and skip the matchmaking site if you're looking for a quick roll and a crash course in what's the worst that can happen.
I can get a "quick roll" at anytime here in the states.  I cant see myself spending $1500.00 on a plane ticket for that.  Yuk!

My first comment was all in good fun... I had to, you left yourself wide open.  :lol:

#35 britmaveric

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:20 AM

Remember what you get in yankland will be alien to what you get in Vietnam. Not SAME SAME. :lol:

#36 skydiver777

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:54 AM

Your making all this much too complicated G-Whizz.
I sincerely believe that you are unlikely to be successful in your endeavours if you follow your current plan.
The first thing to do is find out if your going to be compatible with Vietnamese birds anyway.
Forget the 18 months and splash out on a recce. sortie for a couple of weeks.
Put some quality legovers  in the bag.

So how do you tell the good from the bad?

Well after a blow your mind fettling workout, if she leans over the bed and spits your wad onto the floor.

Run.

#37 hobbler

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:10 AM

brit: Nah, same same but different :lol:

It was nothing more than a mere general statement with the assumption you guys would know I was not talking about every Viet lady. Please give me some kind of credit, I was just pointing out some of things I noticed in the Viet women I have already met.

Yes I have and I am working on learning them "every" day. Each and every day I ad more words to my Viet vocab; and every day I learn different things about the culture. Just today I learned on another forum here that Viet women do not like their men poking around in the kitchen, that is their territory. I can live with that. This is not something I am taking lightly with nothing more than a glancing thought about it every other day. I am working hard at this learning everything I possibly can as fast as I can.

The thing is, what Asian women show to the outside and how things work inside the house, behind closed doors, are entirely different.  My wife acts like the perfect little Asian wife out in public, because she's already trained me well enough to trust me to not make any stupid decisions that haven't been previously discussed.  

At home?  She rules the place with an iron fist.  Quiet?  Submissive?  Docile?  Doesn't speak unless she has something nice to say?  Pfft.  In private, she's more assertive and aggressive than any Western women I ever dated!  It's great.  She speaks her mind and doesn't play the passive/aggressive BS game that's so infuriating.  She's also sweeter than I have any right to ever expect and takes care of damn near everything home related.  I have to work hard at not becoming a shiftless layabout once I'm home from work and not take her for granted!

This matches fairly closely to the other people I know who have good relationships with their Thai wives.

Cultral differences are more than understanding the language and learning the (relatively obvious) things like women don't like men screwing around in their kitchen.  Attitudes towards medicine, what to do when ill, food storage, cleanliness, religion, there are all these little nuances that require a hell of a lot of communication because they can be fundamentally different at a basic level from what we Westerners expect.  You can't really learn these things without living with them.

#38 Stocky

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

I still want to know why the fixation on Vietnamese women.

The whole thing stikes me as odd, that's odd as in 'nutter on the bus' odd.

#39 britmaveric

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

I agree - why not Thai, Lao, Cambodian, Chinese, Malay, Indonesian, Burmese, Japanese???? :lol:

#40 Bluecat

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Maybe, just maybe because he met one Vietnamese girl already.
Online probably.
And well, she looks good with the webcam, and she's so sweet...

On that Hobbler is spot on:

The thing is, what Asian women show to the outside and how things work inside the house, behind closed doors, are entirely different

Anyway, G_Whiz is dead meat already, whatever we could say... :lol:

#41 G_Whiz

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

View PostStocky, on 2008-03-21 03:31:24, said:

I still want to know why the fixation on Vietnamese women.

View Postbritmaveric, on 2008-03-21 07:27:16, said:

I agree - why not Thai, Lao, Cambodian, Chinese, Malay, Indonesian, Burmese, Japanese???? :lol:

View PostBluecat, on 2008-03-21 09:43:31, said:

Maybe, just maybe because he met one Vietnamese girl already.
Online probably.  And well, she looks good with the webcam, and she's so sweet...
I will post it again for all of you.

View PostG_Whiz, on 2008-03-18 12:40:32, said:

Ok, I will fess up... When I was 15 my dad hired a young (20Yold) Viet babysitter for my younger brothers.  We all know what's on a young guys mind at that age.  So you could say I have always had a special place in my heart for them.  And just recently here in the states I dated one for a very short time.  It was not planned on it just happened.  (Unfortunately due to myself not knowing the cultural differences along with my stupidity I messed that up, so I do understand first hand the importance of knowledge in this matter.)  Thus bringing us to the point of this long and painful story.  The girl I dated made the feeling I had for Viet women come alive again.  And that brings us to here.
  I can assure you I do not feel Viet women are better than any other Asian women.  It is just a personal preference of mine.  (Yea I know I don't have any real experience yet, I don't need you to tell me)  And if my brothers babysitter would have been Japanese we could be in a different forum having the same discussion.  Who knows.  It is kind of like looking at colors, most people have a favorite one.  Why do they chose one color over another? Who knows why? They just do.  Personally I like the color blue and my favorite ice cream is butter pecan.  I don't really know why I do and I don't care.

View Postskydiver777, on 2008-03-20 22:54:35, said:

The first thing to do is find out if your going to be compatible with Vietnamese birds anyway.
Forget the 18 months and splash out on a recce. sortie for a couple of weeks.
Put some quality legovers  in the bag.  So how do you tell the good from the bad?
Well after a blow your mind fettling workout, if she leans over the bed and spits your wad onto the floor.....Run.
...and Bob’s your uncle.  I will get right on that  :lol:

View Posthobbler, on 2008-03-20 23:10:55, said:

The thing is, what Asian women show to the outside and how things work inside the house, behind closed doors, are entirely different.  My wife acts like the perfect little Asian wife out in public, because she's already trained me well enough to trust me to not make any stupid decisions that haven't been previously discussed.  

At home?  She rules the place with an iron fist.  Quiet?  Submissive?  Docile?  Doesn't speak unless she has something nice to say?  Pfft.  In private, she's more assertive and aggressive than any Western women I ever dated!  It's great.  She speaks her mind and doesn't play the passive/aggressive BS game that's so infuriating.  She's also sweeter than I have any right to ever expect and takes care of damn near everything home related.  I have to work hard at not becoming a shiftless layabout once I'm home from work and not take her for granted!

This matches fairly closely to the other people I know who have good relationships with their Thai wives.

Cultural differences are more than understanding the language and learning the (relatively obvious) things like women don't like men screwing around in their kitchen.  Attitudes towards medicine, what to do when ill, food storage, cleanliness, religion, there are all these little nuances that require a hell of a lot of communication because they can be fundamentally different at a basic level from what we Westerners expect.  You can't really learn these things without living with them.
Thanks much for the insight.  I found this to be a very informative post.   :lol:

#42 Stocky

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

When I was 15 my dad hired a young (20Yold) Viet babysitter for my younger brothers.
Sorry Whiz I missed that.

So it obsessional; I'm sure a trick-cyclist would have a field day with you.

#43 G_Whiz

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

It is a preference; not an obsession, perhaps I can explain it better to you this way... :lol:
"Preference"    
1. the act of preferring.
2. the state of being preferred.
3. that which is preferred; choice: His preference is vanilla, not chocolate.

As far as this thread goes you do not add very much to the topic.  After looking at some of your other posts I see the same pattern present.  I have to admit if anything your consistent.  Now I could go on about your trick-cyclist and nutter comments however, I feel I would be playing mind games with a mental midget and well, that just wouldn't be fair to you now would it?

#44 G_Whiz

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:43 AM

Here are some interesting excerpts relating to the topic at hand.
SOURCE:http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/archive/index.php/t-743.html

nguyenn
29-06-2006, 08:54 PM
With reference to the article " Where has my Viet bride gone?" article by the Newspaper, May 28 2006.
As a Vietnamese PR in Singapore with contacts in the matchmaking business over in Vietnam, I'll just like to highlights some very "Grey areas" and cultural practices which the general public are not aware of for Cash & Carry Viet Brides available from the local agencies (on site selection)
office:-
1) Strict parents of GOOD Vietnamese village girls will never allow their daughters to be sent overseas for matchmaking. The only way you can marry their daughters is to go over to their village and get permission from them. The prospective groom will have to pass a medical checkup and go through their customary marriage ceremony.
2) Vietnamese village girls CANNOT speak mandarin or English. The husbands will have to pay for the tuition fee of their wives after marriage.
3) Good Vietnamese village girls do not have the financial ability to pay for their passports and airfares to Singapore. Any smart Singaporean should ask themselves the following questions before they decide to purchase one from the local agency office:

1) Are these really good village girls? Is'nt traditional matchmaking really means asking your prospective wife parent for her hand in marriage? Will a GOOD girl allow you consummate the marriage without you first going through a customary marriage with her?
2) Where do they learn how to speak Chinese or English? From working in town and coming into contacts with foreigners? What kind of works were they working in? Proper or not proper?
3) Did she borrow the money to make the her passport and purchase the air ticket? Would you like to marry someone who is in debt? What you read and know from the newspaper is only the tip of the iceberg! Why 2 Vietnamese friends just go missing after several months of marriage and from the same matchmaking agency? Quote from the matchmaker - 'The agency's obligation ends once the man marries the woman he chooses'. Is there some kind of agreement between the brides and matchmaker? Is the brides obligation also ends after a certain numbers of month.

Hear it from the horse (Vietnamese) mouth! The only way to get a GOOD Vietnamese bride is - go to Vietnam and get one !!! Understand ???
BFnut
10-07-2006, 01:47 AM
First it was Malaysian, then China girls, followed by Indonesian Chinese, & the latest (is it ?) Vietnamese. Can the price of love be measured just in dollars & cents? For the guys contemplating about a foray into Vietnam or any other country for the matter, seriously give a thought to what you are doing.  Its not just a simple process of "buying" a wife. She is a human being, not an item you can return for refund or complain to CASE. If you're looking for love, show that you can love not by paying for her, but win her over with your heart, not just on the day of the meet & greet, but everyday for the rest of your lives.
andynglove
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
I married a pretty 23 yrs old Vietnam lady from a matchmaking agency in Golden Mile Tower. After 2 months my wife told me that she already have 2 children from her previous marriage to a Vietnamese man. She also told me that the local matchmaking agency warned her after I have chosen her that she must not let me know about it or I will not marry her. She also said that about half of the other ladies at the walk-in selection have been previously married.  Upon confronting the matchmaker on the matter, hedenied knowing anything about her children. Unable to accept her and her children, I have since divorced and send her back to Vietnam. Spend a total of about $7000 and end up with nothing. Regretted not going over to Vietnam on a matchmaking trip with at least an opportunity to check out the bride's family background and instead believed the stories and lies of the local matchmaker on the backgrounds of the prospective brides he offered during the walk-in selection.
jjlinsoh
10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
My cousin married a Vietnamese lady he selected from 5 ladies on display at a matchmaking agency at Parklane. Same old story, asked for a divorce after only just six weeks saying that she was trafficked to Singapore and forced to marry. Either she marry my cousin or pay $1500 to the matchmaker here and another $1500 to the Vietnamese recruitment agent who send her over. Do think 10 times before you choose any ladies on display at their offices. It's really quite sickening to hear this kind of story, how can anyone expect a forced marriage to work
markwanyee
15-10-2007, 08:26 PM
About 2 months ago, I started visiting matchmaking agencies at Golden Mile Tower and other shopping centers looking for a Vietnamese wife from the many walk-in on site selection ladies available. Surprise! Surprise! Last saturday, guess who I met at a Pub in Joo Chiat? None other than 2 ladies I saw at a Golden Miles Tower agency. After a few drinks, they told me that about 3/4 of the ladies at most matchmaking agencies will do what they are doing - working for extra money to repay for the loans that they got in Vietnam from the agent there to pay their airfares, passport and food/lodging in Singapore and Malaysia. Lucky me that I did not choose any bride yet. Maybe I will consider joining a matchmaking tour to the villages in the near future. Should definitely be safer to marry someone after checking out her family and background while there.

Is it just me or is this the same advice you guys have been telling me all along...hmmmm  :lol:

Edited by G_Whiz, 23 March 2008 - 03:59 AM.

#45 Stocky

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:07 AM

Oh dear, oh dear, seems I hit a raw nerve :lol: one man's preference can seem a very curious obsession to others.

I've not added much to this thread because I think it a waste of time, you've already made a decision, but seeing as you asked.  

I don't consider a childhood attachment to a Vietnamese nanny a sound basis for selecting a partner in life. Seeing as you know squat about Vietnam and the Vietnamese I suggest you spend some time there (knowledge of an immigrant community is the not the same).

From my own experience I add the following two observations:

You must bear in mind is that Asian families are not nuclear, they're highly extended and act as a support system. Living away from that family network is difficult and can add considerable additional strain to a relationship. My wife doesn't travel well, a month away from home and she's terribly homesick and most unhappy, I wouldn't consider taking my wife and family to live outside Thailand for that reason, I've made my home in Thailand.

If you do marry a woman from SEA then you are also marrying the family, you must expect to help out, as a westerner you will usually carry additional status as you're generally expected to be reasonably wealthy. It's something I was aware of and accepted when I married, though it's also something I'm careful with. I will always help out in emergencies, I will invariably assist financing education, I don't finance hare-brained business schemes. However I will look at a well thought out business plan and do occasionally part finance, but I expect a return on the investment. I have no issues with family members, they understand me and don't feel affronted if I reject requests for money, they know I do my bit.

#46 G_Whiz

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:11 AM

[size=2]Here is a final summary of all the points made on this thread.[/size] (Edited/while keeping the main point intact.)

1) Your first step should be visiting SEA and getting to know the people/culture.

2) Don't expect Viet women to be docile floozies that look great, jump into bed at a drop of a pin, and do the dishes.

3) Consider using a matchmaking site to meet girls before going to Vietnam to help give you a more realistic idea of what life's like in their country, and also keep you out of the nightlife areas.

4) Viet women are tough as nails, much tougher then the VN men and will not take cr*p from anyone.

5) Be realistic and logical, and you may have a chance.

6) Cultural differences are more than just understanding the language and learning the (relatively obvious) things.  They also include their attitudes towards medicine, what to do when ill, food storage, cleanliness, and religion.  These are just some of the little nuances that require a lot of communication. At a fundamental level these are different for Asians than they are for Westerners. These things are best learned by living with them.

7) To gain valuable information check out the US dept of immigration and the Vietnamese Embassy websites.  

8) Don't expect to fall in love in a couple of weeks, and then expect her to marry you. If you do this, you are likely to run up against the same pitfalls that many foreign guys get caught by in Thailand. You will love the idea of her, and she will love your money and the hope for a better life (Which when she's away from her family, language and culture it may not be).

9) Get some good books on Vietnam and study the different language, history and cultural issues that you'll run into.

10) Prepare yourself for possible problems when it comes time to communicate with her.

11) Be aware you may be asked to support the whole family (often, but not always, part of the deal).

12) What Asian women show to the outside and how things work inside the house, behind closed doors, may be entirely different. She may act like the perfect little Asian wife out in public, because she will already have you trained well enough to trust you not to make any stupid decisions that haven't been previously discussed.

13) Do not expect to find a wife for yourself the first time you visit Vietnam.

14) At home expect her to rule the place with an iron fist. Quiet? Submissive? Docile? Doesn't speak unless she has something nice to say? Pfft. In private, she will be more assertive and aggressive than the average Western women. She will speak her mind and she won't play the passive/aggressive BS game that's so infuriating. She may be sweeter than you have any right to ever expect and will take care of damn near everything home related. Be careful not to be a shiftless layabout once your home from work and do not take her for granted!

15) Start from the ground up. One thing at a time keeping it simple and don’t make it too complicated.

16) Remember what you get in yankland(USA) will be alien to what you get in Vietnam. Not SAME SAME.

17) Consider these steps(in order), Do the language and culture thing, find a girl, eventually ask her to marry you, THEN get to the specifics.

18) Possibly contact a Marriage Broker/Matchmaker to find out some of the legal issues you may run into(they sort that stuff out for you). Along with providing some means of filtration for both "her" and you.  However watch out there are many illegal ones out there.

19) If you are not able to spend much time in country your best bet for meeting girls may be going to a matchmaker, either on a website or in person.

20) If you don't know much about the culture, how do you know you will be compatible with it? The only way you will know this is by spending some time there.  Preferably more than a couple of weeks, remember you can take the girl out of the culture, but you can't take the culture out of the girl.

21) By visiting different matchmaking websites you may be able to extract tips and tutorials on some of the issues you may run into when trying to marry someone from another country. (just added by me)

Ok, this one is not very informative but it does sound like fun as long as you remember to put your Niagara Falls in a bag so you don't get a case of the Dribs And Drabs. ****Forget waiting 18 months before going to VN. Head over there ASAP and splash out on a recce sortie for a couple of weeks.  Put some quality legovers in the bag.

My final thoughts,
The reason I started this thread was to get some basic information relating to the steps I would have to take to marry a Vietnamese woman and bring her back to the United States.  I may not have received all the information I was looking for but I did receive your seasoned advice which I found to be much more valuable.  I used to think this would be something easy to do; just study a little, blast over there and close the deal.  Not realizing how different the outcome could possibly be if I did it that way.  The points you made were very informative, thought provocative and well received.  I will be sure to spend some quality time over there; keep an open mind, and expect the unexpected.  Many thanks to all of you.

G_Whiz out...

#47 skydiver777

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:36 AM

G-Whizz. If your still there..............................
Looks like youv'e got all the angles wrapped up.

Except for No. 22;

Get ready for the BIG FALL.

#48 chingy_

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:09 AM

how long have you been divorce whiz? Vietnamese law said that you must be divorce for five years to marry a Vietnamese lady.

#49 chimellie

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

View PostG_Whiz, on 2008-03-17 09:36:51, said:

Can you guys tell me what steps would I have to take to make this possible?  Also what should I watch out for?  And if I do meet and marry one, how can I protect my assets? Both before and after marriage.

What I am looking for is what steps would it take from start to *finish and what would be the minimum time frame it would take to do each step. (*Finish being having her back in the states as my wife, and legal citizen)

:whistling:  I am new into this subject and so far I am thinking of using a matchmaker, any ideas? comments?
Hi G-Whiz
I just came back from Cebu, Philippines. I was wondering if you would consider a Filipina instead of a VN girl, most Filipinas can speak English and they have the same quality as Vietnamese girls. They are very friendly, fun to be with and they treat you like a king.
Just my 2 cents

#50 richardsmithusa

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:56 AM

Vietnamese women

http://360.yahoo.com...rK0P2io1K1kcuOr

http://blog.360.yaho...Kg345_TQGx_bbIL

#51 gary

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

you need to visit VietNam see what there like there then meat a woman there then goto
there you will have to start the paper work and find you a good INS lawer.

#52 Mr Tudo

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:15 AM

Pathetic

#53 gary

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

update to my web address to for the Vietnam embassy is http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/

#54 SeahWu

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:47 AM

View PostG_Whiz, on 2008-03-23 11:43:28, said:

Here are some interesting excerpts relating to the topic at hand.
SOURCE:http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/archive/index.php/t-743.html

jjlinsoh
10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
My cousin married a Vietnamese lady he selected from 5 ladies on display at a matchmaking agency at Parklane. Same old story, asked for a divorce after only just six weeks saying that she was trafficked to Singapore and forced to marry. Either she marry my cousin or pay $1500 to the matchmaker here and another $1500 to the Vietnamese recruitment agent who send her over. Do think 10 times before you choose any ladies on display at their offices. It's really quite sickening to hear this kind of story, how can anyone expect a forced marriage to work
markwanyee
15-10-2007, 08:26 PM
About 2 months ago, I started visiting matchmaking agencies at Golden Mile Tower and other shopping centers looking for a Vietnamese wife from the many walk-in on site selection ladies available. Surprise! Surprise! Last saturday, guess who I met at a Pub in Joo Chiat? None other than 2 ladies I saw at a Golden Miles Tower agency. After a few drinks, they told me that about 3/4 of the ladies at most matchmaking agencies will do what they are doing - working for extra money to repay for the loans that they got in Vietnam from the agent there to pay their airfares, passport and food/lodging in Singapore and Malaysia. Lucky me that I did not choose any bride yet. Maybe I will consider joining a matchmaking tour to the villages in the near future. Should definitely be safer to marry someone after checking out her family and background while there.

Is it just me or is this the same advice you guys have been telling me all along...hmmmm  :lol:

Hi, I actually sign up an account to reply in this thread..

Actually, most of the time is the agency that are the one who is not honest. As long as they get the money, they don't really care much what they are doing..

Among these girls, there are a portion of them who are really here to earn quick money, or to get the citizenship.. But there are also alot of them who sincerly wish to find a partner.

To be honest, my parents divorce when I was young and I followed my dad. Around 4 yeard ago, my dad actually remarry.. He went to one of the agency, and marry a vietnamese girl, which is my stepmum.. I must say initially my attitude towards her is bad.. I have the mindset that they are here to cheat money only.. But slowly, after living together for some time, I realise she is not what I thought. She was hardworking, and she really cares for my dad.. Now, we are living happily together which my baby bro ( ya, is my step bro)..

So, I guess it is pretty much of your luck.. Whether you went to the right agency.. I have met my stepmum's friend plenty of time.. And they are all nice people.. But also, there are 1 or 2 that are very bad in character.. Nevertheless, I must say they are indeed hardworking and don't mind that they will suffer..

just my 2 cents..

#55 Bluecat

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

View PostSeahWu, on 2008-12-07 16:47:09, said:

So, I guess it is pretty much of your luck..

Indeed.
And your good sense

#56 SeahWu

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

thanks..

coz i have real life experience with these vietnamese girl, so i thought it is good to share.. another thing to share, unlike what we always heard from other ppl.. that these girls will keep wanting to return to vietnam after they are married.. for my stepmum, she nv want to return to vietnam.. not that she don't want, but she felt that it's a waste of money.. until my dad kept persuading her, then she went back once (through out the past 4 years)..

thats what i really like abt her..  :lol:

#57 Bluecat

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

View PostSeahWu, on 2008-12-07 20:24:35, said:

that these girls will keep wanting to return to vietnam after they are married.. for my stepmum, she nv want to return to vietnam.. not that she don't want, but she felt that it's a waste of money.. until my dad kept persuading her, then she went back once (through out the past 4 years)..

Girls from any country have usually stronger ties to their family than men and hence do not really want to be separated from their parents, siblings for too long.
But usually does not mean always...

#58 chingy_

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

all this talk about matchmaking agency, i gotta 27yr olds vietnamese chick need to hook up with a farang, anybody interested, she still waiting for an honest guy to sweep her up.
she doesn't care about age, but lets not make it too way off

Edited by chingy_, 08 December 2008 - 12:06 PM.

#59 Bluecat

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Is she interested by the mia noi concept?  :rolleyes:  :blink:

#60 chingy_

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

mia noi maybe not but she might take over as main :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise