Orient Expat Friends

Tell me about girls in Taiwan

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 กำนัน

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

I've been checking some logs from the OE friends website: http://www.friends.orientexpat.com/ One thing I noticed was the sheer volume of pretty girls in Taipei that are registered... there are shed loads of them. Why, I wonder... is there something wrong with them? The only time I visited Taiwan was by accident and I had to overnight near the airport. There are some real stunners in Taipei. Are there so many that there aren't enough men to go around?!

Please explain, providing any pertinent information you see fit :)

#2 Bluecat

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

Taiwanese men go to Vietnam, Thailand and China to find GFs and wifes.
It's a hint... :)

#3 skydiver777

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:40 AM

One of the Mrs sisters,[out of 4] lived in Taiwan for 2 years, over 10 years ago. And had a local boyfriend for awhile.
It may be that the ladies are looking elsewhere.
It seems that Taiwanese blokes have tiny tools and hardly know what to do with them........... :)

#4 Bluecat

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:54 AM

:)

#5 (Member banned)

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

View PostMandrake, on 2008-04-25 21:15:28, said:

.....I noticed was the sheer volume of pretty girls in Taipei that are registered... there are shed loads of them. Why, I wonder... is there something wrong with them? ....
Generally, most Chinese women are thinking in a rather discriminating way and are very business-like.

Regardless, if China mainland, or Taiwan, or Hongkong or Singapore or Malaysia...etc...many of these girls are looking only for contacts with overseas Chinese living in UK, Canada, USA, Australia etc....some of them, of course, are also interested into the Chinese community living in Japan.

If you - a Caucasian foreigner - are not interested to live for a long time in Taiwan, and you do not have any business or studies related to China I wonder, if a woman from Taiwan is a good choice.

#6 MrFantabulous

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

I am or have been close friends to 3 different TW girls and all 3 are very different from each other. But I wouldn't lump TW girls in with girls from China... they are pretty different. TW girls tend to be very well educated (as is almost all of young Taiwanese). They seem to be the "choosers" and are pursued by TW guys. They don't have the "one Child" policy in TW so that changes their personality.  

TW girls also have more freedom to travel and watch all the TV channels and media we watched, so they are more broad minded... but I've heard the TW girls like westerns because they think we are more open minded than the TW guys.  

The first girl I met in Toronto from TW was very traditional and although I liked her, she was like an alien sometimes and would not reveal her emotions to me, she was also very fragile and not sporty at all. The other girl is very sporty and westernised English teacher in Taiwan. In fact she has more foreigner friends than TW friends and she married and divorced an Australian man when she was younger. If I was in Taiwan I would love to date her. The final girl is a TW girl working as Flight attendant out of Macau. She used to call me all the time when I was living in Toronto and I really wanted to meet her but ended up with someone else once I came to China. So we never had the chance to meet :) Now she just fell in love with an Aussie paramedic and they flew to Singapore to meet each other and now she tells me she wants to quit her job and go be with him in Australia. She is 26 and he 38. Seems these Aussie guys are taking advantage of their proximity to China!

#7 Stocky

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

View PostMrFantabulous, on 2008-04-26 22:32:28, said:

Seems these Aussie guys are taking advantage of their proximity to China!
...well have you seen Aussy women?  :)

#8 Jack Fancy

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

Here here... the last three Aussie lasses that I met here in Lanzhou were chunkafiably disgusting...

#9 nightwalker

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

Worked in Taipei for a year. I loved the place and the women are truely beautiful, most with legs up to their armpits.... They speak English and usually more interested in foreigners as they don't want to do the same their parents have been doing, being pushed into an arranged marriage what still seems to be the culture.
Most Taiwanese men with a bit of money tend to go to karaokes for their fun. A city like Taichung seems to have the highest density of karaoke places anywhere in the world! Also marriages with Vietnamese and mainland Chinese are getting more common these days, but I think it's just because the men can't stand up to their own (well educated) women anymore......

I now stay in Thailand, but Taiwan definitely is a decent second place to live a life. Food is nice, women are accessible and smart, the climate on average is quite ok.....

cheers :no3:

#10 Raven767

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:07 AM

I spent 14 months in Taiwan (Jul 06-Aug 07).  I dated a few Taiwanese from 25-43.  They all had the same characterisitcs.  Fianacially independent (one was actually very rich).  No action until at least the third date.  Then they had to say 'no' three times, even while undressing themsleves.  Then....... they wanted to get married and started talking about it.

In public, cold fish.  In private, hot.  

But, they are basically interested in their career and clothes.  Thanks to the effeminate nature of their young men and the drunken behavior of the old men, the ladies are not interested in men.

Thank god that Thailand, the Philippines and Hong Kong were all easy to reach.

#11 skydiver777

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:03 AM

A report tucked away in today's Bangkok Post, indicates that Taiwanese birds are extremely dissatisfied with their husbands performance when on the job.
A survey conducted by the Taiwan Women's Health Association, on over 400 women age 30-60, showed that most had sex twice a week and usually faked an orgasm so as not to hurt theirs husbands' egos.
Poor blokes, most of them are only interested in kareoke with their mates after work.
To add insult to injury, most of the women were'nt too bothered by the size of their husbands weapon.
They cared more about the hardness and endurance of the erection.

I reckon many of these birds need a proper sorting.
If I was a hell of a lot younger and single and looking for my next vacation destination.
It's all there on a plate.................. :)

#12 chingy_

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

f**ing is an art, you have to master your art to please other. i don't know why men don't bother to master their art its not that difficult to learn.

#13 sceadugenga

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

The "others" are meant to enjoy it as well?  :)

#14 skydiver777

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

View Postchingy_, on 2008-06-19 15:08:57, said:

f**ing is an art, you have to master your art to please other. i don't know why men don't bother to master their art its not that difficult to learn.

I agree with Chingy.
All forms of sexual activity can be turned into an art form. Practise makes perfect, so that your partner can enjoy lovemaking 100%, just as she is entitled to.
I've dropped in on this subject in another thread.

#15 britmaveric

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

View Postsceadugenga, on 2008-06-19 15:39:58, said:

The "others" are meant to enjoy it as well?  :(
Novel concept isn't it???  :)

#16 Guest_WWu777_*

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

I'm a Taiwanese American.

First of all, Taiwanese women seemed very much into foreigners back in 1990.  Back then, I spent a year there and had some girls chasing me, but I wasn't interested in them cause I was only 17 and too shy.

But now, things have changed.  They've become too independent, feminist, and not into foreigners that much anymore.  The young Taiwanese girls are into those J pop/hipster type guys, which look gay to me.

In short though, most Taiwanese girls I've met and seen are ultra prudish as hell, ultra conservative and square.  They won't even shake my hand!  Thus, I won't even bother talking about sex to them since it feels totally off limits.  In Taiwan, I have to pretend to be a prude too, just to fit in and be accepted.  That's how it is now.

Most Taiwanese girls are so prudish that they usually marry their first or second boyfriend.  That's how they used to be.  Don't know about now though.

Of course, I've heard of wild horny Taiwanese women, but they are like UFO's and Bigfoot.  I only hear about them.  I don't see or experience them.

I'm sure they exist, just that they are very rare.

Also, most Taiwanese girls look either nerdy or plain.  The hot ones that you see on TV and in magazines constitute less than one percent of the population.

Overall, not a good place to find a girlfriend or get laid.  Even the guys on the forum of worldsexguide.com said so, that the sex scene was dead there.

There isn't even a real red light district there, just underground barber shops with unattractive women, and CKTV's that are overpriced, and a few hotel hookers that cost around 200 dollars an hour.  A total ripoff.

Even the sexy Bing Lang girls are frigid and think you're a creep if you flirt with them.

Definitely the place in Asia to go for girls is Philippines or Thailand.  Even China is much better, I hear.

Taiwan though, has got to be the prudest place in Asia.  Almost everyone I know there is very frigid and square.  Ick.

Plus, they are very closed minded and insular like robots.  If you think outside the box, they ignore you cause they can't deal with intellectuals or thinkers.

One more thing.  Taiwanese culture is so prudish, that they don't even show sex, lovemaking or sensual uninhibited girls even on their own TV shows and movies! (though they will show it on foreign shows, even from China)

#17 (Member banned)

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

View PostWWu777, on 2008-06-29 21:18:23, said:

Taiwanese women .....
But now, things have changed.  They've become too independent, feminist,
I agree with all what WWu777 was writing...only South Korea is worse than Taiwan by my opinion...

USA did a good job in Taiwan and especially in South Korea...these are countries like any state in USA...not much difference...

Japan is a much better place for living for a Western foreign man than South Korea or Taiwan.

#18 (Member banned)

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:20 AM

Interesting report about human relationship in Taiwan. No wonder, that Mr. Wu does not want to live in Taiwan anymore. Understandable...

----------

http://www.earthtime...d-by-wives.html

Some text from this report:

Taiwan city opens crisis centre for men assaulted by wives

Taipei - A Taiwan city has opened a crisis centre for men who have been victims of an increasing incidence of assaults by women against their male partners, Taiwan radio said on Saturday. The Kaohsiung City Government has opened the Men's Crisis Centre as the number of cases of wives assaulting husbands has risen from 730 in 2006 to 823 in 2007.

This accounted for 12.7 and 13.8 per cent of all the family violence cases reported in 2006 and 2007 respectively, Broadcasting Corp of China (BCC) reported.

#19 Jack Fancy

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:34 AM

It'd be interesting to see what your google search history is Yohan.

keywords...
....women abusive drunk fighting disorderly female violence feminisim bulldyke lesbian divorce

#20 misunderstood_btk

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:20 AM

I'd have to say even though I've only been in Taiwan 2 short weeks, I'd have to disagree with what most people are saying about Taiwanese girls on this thread. My experience has been very positive, yes Taiwanese girls may not want to immediately jump into bed with you, they're not as easy IMHO as say your average Thai girls that go for Westerners (which lets be honest are pretty ugly compared with other asian girls). But they are so much hotter, and unlike Thai girls don't have such a high inflated opinion of themselves. The fact of the matter is, the small percentage of hot white skin Thai girls in Bangkok think they're really hot stuff because they constitute the minority. In places like China, Japan, S.Korea and Taiwan this is just the norm and so one begins examining what really makes Asian girls classy and beautiful. In regards to Taiwanese girls and how they view foreigners, I haven't been here long enough to give a conclusive opinion on the matter, Im sure I'll approach Taiwanese girls that will reject me because I'm a foreigner but you'll always get that as you go for a higher quality of asian girls. All part and parcel of the game, whichever country you're in. My pet hate, is that when guys won't approach a really hot girl because they're scared of this "foreigner" rejection excuse which gets propagated by the expat community. Nonsense, how do you know if you never go for it?

Advertisement: Professional, ethical Expat personals in Taiwan

#21 Maplin

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:19 AM

Taiwan girls f###ing hot.

#22 xo_artemis

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:48 AM

Are there anyone that ever have any experience with Indonesian girls ?
Seems they rarely mention in this forum.

#23 kamikaze

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:56 AM

View Postxo_artemis, on 16 October 2009 - 07:48 AM, said:

Are there anyone that ever have any experience with Indonesian girls ?
Seems they rarely mention in this forum.
Well, I had two friends who worked in Indonesia. One said the girls had large breasts, the other said they were rather squat. I've never been there myself.

#24 xo_artemis

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:59 AM

View PostMandrunk, on 16 October 2009 - 07:48 AM, said:

Should make a good thread :doh:

good idea  :rolleyes:

#25 Guest_WWu777_*

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:22 AM

Check out my long list of observations about Taiwan in this blog page. You'll learn a lot from it.

{snip}

Now, I know I'm going to take heat for this one, but it's one of those things like "The Emperor's New Clothes" where no one wants to admit something obvious for fear of condemnation and ostracization. So they say what they're supposed to.

Taiwan being friendly is one example. In reality though, Taiwanese may be friendly to those they know if they like them, but they are very closed, STONE FACED and cold to strangers. In Taiwan there is no eye contact or smiling to others in public. No one talks to you if they don't know you. To them, that's normal. But in the rest of the world it is not.

People are not just shy and introverted, they are EXTREMELY shy and introverted, to the point where if you are outgoing, you will feel awkward and out of place, like you should not be outgoing when everyone else is not. Thus that part of you will feel "suppressed".

The only types that talk to strangers in Taiwan are the elderly/senior citizens. Not young adults and especially not young adult females. No way. Hell no. That makes Taiwan an ice cold place. And it tells you that since the older generation is more friendly, it must have been friendlier in the past.

In fact, there is no social energy at all in Taiwan. Zilch. Nada. If you've never left Taiwan, you might not understand what that means. But if you live in high social energy places like Latin America, Russia, parts of Europe, the Philippines, Southeast Asia, etc. you will know exactly what I mean.

In Taiwan, people only work, work and work, 6 or 7 days a week. There is no passion, no excitement and no social energy. The events that go on have very weak social energy in them. The people are simply stifled, turned into robots, giving away 80 percent or more of their lives to slavery in order to make money and work. It's a sickening existence where you basically give up your humanity, life and mind in order to conform to their repressive system.

Mainstream Taiwanese do not deny any of the above. They admit to it and say that it is their culture, and that they are not like foreign countries. They even consider America, one of the loneliest and most isolating countries in the world, to be open and friendly. What does that tell you?!

The only people who deny the above are certain groups of expats who somehow claim to be unusually lucky in Taiwan's social and dating scene, hippies and backpackers who always say that people are friendly in every culture no matter what, politically correct folks, and of course Travel Channel hosts like Janet Hsieh, who are PAID to say how wonderful, exciting and friendly Taiwan is.

But those who are unbrainwashed and who sees things as they are will find the above to be obvious. Few people will admit and see things as they are. Many only see what they WANT to see.

This is a sick world of illusion, propaganda and lies. And I'm glad to be one of the few who are free and liberated of that.

PS - Check this out. A Taiwanese girl I emailed, who told me that Taiwan was friendly because it was the popular cool thing to say, was sent my observations above. Upon reading it, she admitted that I WAS RIGHT! See what she had to say below. It's quite revealing coming from a mainstream Taiwanese girl.

"hi,winston,
what a long letter! haha
actually, i admit i feel a little offended when i read ur mail first time...(sorry)
but then, i thought u r right. :D
if we compare taiwan with other countries, i know, our people r colder and more shy. it is truth. i think it is because of our culture and traditon. we r not so welcome to strangers, just most people want to protect themselves first.
i totally agree u that people affect each other. so when your surrounding is a close space(people just chat or talk with their friends),u will be a member of them, no doubt.

but i still notice sth different between our sentences,
i think why u feel so disappointed about taiwanese,maybe one reason is just cuz of u r a male. people r usually more freindly to female than to male. :D
another reason is maybe u go to wrong place, for example,if on the road,maybe most people don't want to talk to u because they r busy or they are teached don't talk to strangers. but if u go to social places, like pubs,concerts,night markets,restaueants,shopping streets, etc. u might find sth a little different.
and i said that people in chiayi r kind and friendly,
i mean people who live in southern part of taiwan r more friendly than northern part of taiwan. :D (every taiwanese knows this.)
ofcourse we can't compare with USA,europe and other western countries i know... but heyhey i am very sure that we r better than china! :lol:
so how is ur trip in taiwan? maybe u can try other couchsurfers!
enjoy!

Amber"

View Postmisunderstood_btk, on 12 October 2009 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'd have to say even though I've only been in Taiwan 2 short weeks, I'd have to disagree with what most people are saying about Taiwanese girls on this thread. My experience has been very positive, yes Taiwanese girls may not want to immediately jump into bed with you, they're not as easy IMHO as say your average Thai girls that go for Westerners (which lets be honest are pretty ugly compared with other asian girls). But they are so much hotter, and unlike Thai girls don't have such a high inflated opinion of themselves. The fact of the matter is, the small percentage of hot white skin Thai girls in Bangkok think they're really hot stuff because they constitute the minority. In places like China, Japan, S.Korea and Taiwan this is just the norm and so one begins examining what really makes Asian girls classy and beautiful. In regards to Taiwanese girls and how they view foreigners, I haven't been here long enough to give a conclusive opinion on the matter, Im sure I'll approach Taiwanese girls that will reject me because I'm a foreigner but you'll always get that as you go for a higher quality of asian girls. All part and parcel of the game, whichever country you're in. My pet hate, is that when guys won't approach a really hot girl because they're scared of this "foreigner" rejection excuse which gets propagated by the expat community. Nonsense, how do you know if you never go for it?

They are hot yeah. But what's the use when they won't talk to you or stop? When you see a hot TW girl on the street or in public, there's NOTHING you can do about it. Approaching girls in TW is not seen as appropriate. You will be seen as a creep if you do. You can't do anything. It's excruciating.

No expat I've met has had the guts to cold approach a TW girl except in a pub. That should tell you a lot.

I'm not the only one who says this.

My friend Shawn in Taipei, a white Canadian guy who's lived there for 10 years and has worked in banks and law firms, wrote this to my cell phone in response to my statement that it's not natural to meet TW girls in public:

"I think ur right about eye contact, I try to attend lots of social events or groups, that's better way to meet women. Twn women too shy n conservative to meet strangers on street. Maybe we can meet in taichung too."

This guy from craigslist also told me that he is having no luck in Taiwan either:

"Hey there guy,

I'm a Taiwanese guy born in the U.S. I'm staying in Taiwan for an extended time to learn Chinese reading and writing. I was just bored and somehow came across your posting.

I have to say that the links you posted with discussions on Taiwanese "mannerisms" are pretty accurate although there are always some people that are exceptions to the "rule".

I've been trying to make some new friends here and its been quite the challenge, especially with the opposite sex. I think meeting people online here is probably the best thing if you can't meet people at work or through mutual friends. Have you ever met someone who was so talkative online but in person was extremely timid and shy? That is how a lot of these girls here are like. Its probably best to speak with them in online chat to get them to open up more instead of trying that in person because they most likely will not.

I haven't tried out the bar/club scene here so I'm not sure how it would go from that perspective, however, I think I'll be researching that part soon (LOL). Anyhow, good luck with meeting some Taiwanese girls. Good luck to ya. Smile

Cheers,

George"

Yesterday, we visited relatives in Peikang in central Taiwan. When I bought a slice of moon cake, my mom yelled at me for not cutting it into proper pieces first before eating it. I told the lady selling it that Taiwanese are so anal about little things that don't matter. She replied that that's how Taiwanese parents are, they are caring and watch over you, and that we are different than in America. Then I asked her in Taiwanese why everyone has a scary stone cold face around here and all over this street everywhere I go. They never smile or say "hi how are you" to me. It's very strange to me. People are as cold as rocks I said. She replied "That's how we Taiwanese are. We don't greet strangers like in America and foreign countries."

Well, at least she didn't say, "What are you talking about?! Everyone is open and friendly here. Everyone I know agrees. Only you say that." like hippies and the Travel Channel's Janet Hsieh would. Thank God.

To those who argue that Taiwan is "open and friendly", here is an interesting logic puzzle for you. Statistics show that America has the highest rates of mental illness, loneliness and isolation in the industrialized world. Many on this forum attest to this. Yet, Taiwanese commonly see America as being more "open, expressive, outgoing and friendly" than their country is. And they describe American friendships as "easy come, easy go". Now, if America is the loneliest, or one of the loneliest, countries in the world, and Taiwanese consider themselves LESS friendly and open than Americans, then where does that rank Taiwan? Below the "loneliest country in the world" into the negative or minus range???

Ponder that one.

Edited by Mandrunk, 03 June 2010 - 01:23 AM.
See rules

#26 ProsumeThis

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

Well, before my wife I had a Taiwanese GF in US for about 3 years. I met plenty of her friends, other Taiwanese born girls mostly students or young professionals in the US (Southern california) Here's what I thought they all had in common:

- Lots of money - remember natural beauty of one thing but money can also buy appeal. Taiwanese girl knows how to glamour it up very well. Even if she's average looking underneath she can create an illusion with those glasses, bags, shoes, overpriced lotions, creams that you'll think she's the hottest thing you've ever seen. If she's naturally pretty too, that's a double. Hard to resist.

- Lot's of ego: it's true that Taiwanese men are pushovers therefore their women step up to the plate. If they see any weakness in men they take advantage of it. Lot's of money help this one too. Deep inside though they do want a confident man who can call the shots as long as those shots are good ones that makes sense to her.

#27 kamikaze

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

View PostProsumeThis, on 14 June 2010 - 09:41 AM, said:

Deep inside though they do want a confident man who can call the shots as long as those shots are good ones that makes sense to her.
Sounds like a bit of a contradiction: They want a guy who can call the shots, but only if the shots suit them.

#28 Guest_WWu777_*

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

Taiwanese girls are hot nowadays. Model types are everywhere. But they are all look and no touch and it is not easy to start a conversation with them.

I was just at Pizza Hut today. And damn! This SUPER HOT girl walked in with sexy smooth legs and face. I said hi to her but she ignored me. I wanted to say it louder or approach her, but it felt so illegal and wrong! I hate that! It was EXCRUCIATING just sitting there and watching her, not being able to do anything about it! I felt so handicapped and incapacitated. I hate that. Every time I go out in Taiwan this happens! I can't stand it! What can I do? Why can't Taiwan be more socially open like most other countries? How do other expats here tolerate this? It's EXCRUCIATING and painful to deal with this everyday here! It's so FRUSTRATING beyond words! What can I do?

What I hate the most is that it is taboo to point out the truth about this, just like in the US, where no matter how unfairly men are treated by women, no matter how many double standards there are against them, they cannot complain about it or tell the truth about it, else they will be condemned as losers, sexists or mysnogymists. That sucks. Essentially you aren't allowed to say the truth, but are expected to follow the hive mentality and mind control that the culture and media programs into you, no matter what! It's like "follow your programming, do not speak the truth".

Advertisement: Professional, ethical Expat personals in Taiwan

#29 nadya109

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi,

I'm getting interested in knowing the nature of Taiwanese girls which has brought me here. This is just a matter of jealousy actually. Just really wanted to know how great a Taiwanese girl is personally, educationally, beauty, etc. From the girls' talk of my circle, Taiwanese girls are assumed as being flirtatious and mostly attracted to foreigners, other than their owns. Which what generally is concluded here in this thread.

It's somehow a really annoying fact. But no girls, out of flirtations, without heading towards the goal of security, would ever approach a financially stable man other than that very reason! So, wow, just found out Taiwanese girls are rated great here. Maybe, I should give my man a chance to really get to know them?

Oh Gosh. :-(

#30 bkkapt

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi,

Asian girls are  nice from the outside in any country, but is seems that only in Thailand they are also good inside. I dated Asian girls almost everywhere, and really, nowhere can compare with Thailand.

Of course I do not speak about bargirls that only stupid spend more than 1 night with or marry.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise