Orient Expat Friends

Child sex tourism moves from Asia to Mombassa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kamikaze

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:54 AM

Asia Is Not Alone: Sex Tourism in Mombasa

I hadn't a clue about the city's thriving sex business until I noticed dozens of women and several girls and boys, no older than age 10, dressed for sale on the narrow road heading north from the city. Go-go bars and clubs frequented by sex workers form a patchwork of poverty along the road that is highly trafficked by European sun-seekers. According to my Kenyan friends, they’re seeking more than sun. When I inquired about the phenomenon, everyone told me that tightened restrictions in Thailand and elsewhere in Asia had pushed the trade to Mombasa, where dozens of weekly flights from Europe fuel its existence.

http://kristof.blogs...ism-in-mombasa/

#2 Bluecat

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

Not very sure it is a new trend.
When I lived in Africa, 25 years ago, prostitutes were readily available anywhere and everywhere (in the countries I went to, Burundi, Rwanda and Kenya). Or said differently most girls were available for a fee.
And Mombasa was no exception.

#3 hanno

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:46 AM

Agreed. I lived in Mombasa for a few years from the late 70's to the early 80's. Whilst still at school at the time, i could not help but notice the number of hookers of all ages available. Mombasa has always been a sex destination for men, whereas the women head for Malindi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise