Asia Hotels

Thai monkeys try to rape Russian tourist

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kamikaze

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

According to the translation, this happened on Koh Phi Phi. The woman's friends fought the amorous monkeys off.

Posted Image

http://www.life.ru/video/7580

#2 yohan

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:15 AM

Be careful with monkeys!

Most monkeys are rather unpleasant animals - they smell badly and can act highly aggressively against people, throwing objects at them often acting in a group - and if monkeys are accustomed to humans (especially stupid foreign tourists), they are also not known to be 'thankful', just taking away quickly your food and other items, and they can also bit, cratch or injure you otherwise. They will take away, whatever they can, in this case with the Russian woman, even want to take off her clothings.

Never give anything to a monkey playfully, like in this picture with this Russian woman. Monkeys feel excited about that, more and more are coming, finally attacking you.

I remember the monkeys around the temple mountain in Prachuab Kiri Khan City in Thailand. These monkeys know, how to stop even cars, never open the window  or you have them all in the car. Vendors are selling you overpriced bananas, but never make a hoax with a monkey and try to play with it, like to show it a banana on the left side and then put it to the right side, it will angrily attack you immediately.

You must know how to deal with monkeys, they must fear you - some Thai vendors I have seen with a cane, touch a banana which is not paid yet by a stupid foreign tourist and the cane is straight over the monkey's body. This really hurts, and ALL monkeys know that, they never touch the vendor and they will not take away his bananas until they are sold to a foreigner.

You can give training to some certain monkeys in captivity, to collect fruits etc. but always keep them carefully on a chain, otherwise gone. I also remember all the monkeys in Malaysia, while I was at the plantage there near Kuala Lipis. They are sometimes used for some work on high trees, but you must know how to deal with them like farmers living in such areas.

What most monkeys do not like at all is a bucket of water, this Russian tourist needs only to go into the sea water next to her and I think these monkeys will not follow her. Monkeys are also running away when you take a picture with flashlight, even by day.

A cane, if you know how to use it, is maybe the best. Monkeys can good communicate among each other, they understand pain and what is causing the pain.

#3 chingy_

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

monkey see monkey do ;)

#4 MrFantabulous

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

I encountered monkeys in a mountain park in Sichuan province, China.   The monkeys where ok around the Chinese and women but very aggressive around myself and my Canadian friend.   One alpha male grabbed my hand and tried to bite it but I pulled away before he could.  My friend was just walking by and not trying to feed them anything and one of the buggers bit his thumb.  He has an open bleeding wound that they had to dowse with Iodine. and hope not to get rabies.   Both in Taiwan and China the monkeys I encountered basically "mugged" people. . searching their pockets aggressively.

#5 กำนัน

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

Any bite from a monkey should be immediately followed up with 3-5 doses of post-exposure Rabies vaccine over a period of around six weeks... I had to go through it a few months ago...

Don't skip it and take the chance... it's just not worth the risk.

#6 Bluecat

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

Well, she sure looks like she does not need any help.
Poor monkeys...  ;)

#7 kamikaze

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

More monkey business...

Posted Image

#8 mikecw23

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Yes!

#9 Jack Fancy

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Postkamikaze, on 14 October 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

More monkey business...

Posted Image

Old news here but it's been suggested that this was staged.

#10 kamikaze

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Who cares?! :P

#11 ironloyalty

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Well, the monkeys sure know how to choose their target :drool:

#12 kamikaze

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Monkeys ain't stupid.

#13 chingy_

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Who cares..#2 :drool:

#14 stumpy

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

Only monkeys could get away with that in a public place..... :drool:

#15 ironloyalty

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

I wonder what the monkeys were up to?? Looking for milk? :drool:

Edited by ironloyalty, 15 October 2012 - 06:09 AM.

#16 TizMe

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

:secret: They could probably be easily trained to perform this stunt. :thmbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise