Asia Hotels

Thai girls selling their knickers online

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 กำนัน

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Yeah yeah, we all know many wayward Thai chicks have found their online liberation via swinger sites etc etc where they can meet foreigners for sex without actually working in a bar... perfect solution... but I just couldn't help scoffing when I read the following:

After further investigation, our team found out that this young woman in particular was named Wan, 23 years of age, a graduate of a prestigious university in Chiang Mai province and currently worked as a secretary. Wan claimed she was from a well-to-do hi-so family who was only using the profits made from her used knickers trade to save up for a car. Wan was adamant that she only sold pieces of her clothing and not her body. Her email address is sweetygirl_hot@hotmail.com...

http://www.thai-blog...knickers?blog=8

I wish he'd posted a link to the Thai language original, I want to write some more details... because there is little doubt in my mind that many of these alleged HiSo girls are most likely named Grigori, from Moscow, has tats, and had a 10 year career as a Red Army trooper.

If anyone spots the original story, or anything similar, please go ahead and post it.

#2 Uncle Gweilo

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

The Thais are cashing in on something the Japanese have been doing for ages. You can even buy girls knickers (used) in vending machines.

Mr. Snopes looked into this as it sounds very much like an urban myth. They were banned years ago, but apparently there are still some of them around.  

http://www.snopes.co...nky/panties.asp

Also,

http://inventorspot....g_machines_5650

You've probably heard it one time or another, usually when the conversation turns to Japan being weird, wild, wacky or all of the above: "You can buy just about anything from a vending machine in Japan, even used schoolgirl panties!" Gasp! Swoon! (How much? $50 to $100 per pair). It's a safe enough thing to say, given that these conversations take place thousands of miles from ANY Japanese vending machine. Regardless, inquiring minds want to know: what's the skinny on street sales of soiled schoolgirl skivvies?

Panty Vending Machine - New or Used?

We went to the recognized source on urban legends of any persuasion: Snopes. Their verdict? TRUE! Yet the evidence is somewhat circumstantial. In 1993, used panty vending machines were declared to be illegal, so by using circular reasoning they had to exist in the first place, right? Snopes also states that "(since 2001) numerous readers living in Japan have written to say that not only haven't the machines gone away, but that they've themselves seen them." Fine & dandy, but folks living in Scotland regularly write in to Sea Monster Weekly to say they themselves just saw Nessie.

Live Lobster Vending MachineGoogle image search results are also questionable: naming an image "Used Panty Vending Machine" doesn't mean it IS a used panty vending machine. Those boxes in the display windows may contain panties, but are they USED?? Lingerie vending machines are not unusual in Japan, where one can buy frozen meat, hard liquor, even live lobsters from vending machines.

Therefore, Snopes notwithstanding, the jury is still out on Japan's used panty vending machines. They may indeed lurk on shaded corners in questionable neighborhoods, holding out the promise of packaged pungent pleasure to a dedicated segment of society driven by passions beyond the ken of you or I. What about you, Dear Reader, been there? Seen that? Had a close encounter of the silken kind? Confess! (or just leave a comment).

Attached File  9254939959548138_img_assist_custom.jpg   110.41K   

At JPY 1000 a pop (I assume, as I can't read more than a handful of Japanese characters) this could be a good deal. Are the knickers new or used? Probably well used when the new owner gets them somewhere private  :lol:  :lol:

You can also bob for live lobsters!

Attached File  lobster.gif   76.58K   

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

All we need is one that vends women's shoes! (Sorry about the cheap shot, Mandi!)

Attached File  924779_ae17_625x1000.jpg   55.22K   

You can even learn how to become a foot fetish photographer!

http://www.ehow.com/...otographer.html

Foot fetishes are the most common fetish in the U.S. It's so common that certain sex workers will specialize in it, parties are held specifically catering to foot fetishists, and a subculture has formed around the fetish. The term, foot fetish, has become common parlance, entering the mainstream in fashion magazines, newspapers and in popular television shows like Sex and the City.

Because of this, becoming a foot fetish photographer is now easier than ever before. The fetish itself is now out in the open, which makes it more marketable and easier to find both models to pose, and an audience to purchase your photographs.

Edited by Uncle Gweilo, 28 October 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#3 kamikaze

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:59 AM

View PostUncle Gweilo, on 28 October 2009 - 09:45 PM, said:

The Thais are cashing in on something the Japanese have been doing for ages. You can even buy girls knickers (used) in vending machines.

Mr. Snopes looked into this as it sounds very much like an urban myth. They were banned years ago, but apparently there are still some of them around.  
Definitely true at one time and then banned. It's mentioned in Tokyo Vice.

#4 lix

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hi-So..........what a ridiculous concept of class segregation in a predominately Buddhist society. Well, at least Miss Wan is trying to free herself of attachment to material possessions, although it would have probably been more appropriate to start with the Louis Vitton handbag first. :D I have emailed her for a pair with fresh skids.

Edited by lix, 07 November 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#5 yohan

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

.....Well-known hi-so lass, Miss Nuanphan, told us that she had also received the email forwards and admitted to being totally shocked and asked herself “Are these vendors really Thai people?” She went on to explain that women like this were an embarrassment to the hi-so establishment and that they weren’t right in the head.
Posted Image Yes, totally shocked, Posted Image but why should Thai girls be 'different' from Japanese girls and other girls worldwide?

.....our team found out that this young woman in particular was named Wan, 23 years of age, a graduate of a prestigious university in Chiang Mai province and currently worked as a secretary. Wan claimed she was from a well-to-do hi-so family who was only using the profits made from her used knickers trade to save up for a car.
This is truly a Hi-So girl, as she is using the money for herself and does not share it with a Thai boyfriend.

.....our team uncovered was of one lass with a nice body and fair-skin.....
In this case it is really difficult to blame the old foreign loser with his young brown Isaan girl.

View Postlix, on 07 November 2009 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hi-So..........what a ridiculous concept of class segregation in a predominately Buddhist society.

Thai Hi-So is very much corrupt and totally westernized, what counts is only business+money and possible political connections and not the Buddhist religion.

This is not much different from any Hi-So worldwide. Why should it be different?

#6 lix

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

I was not suggesting it is any different Yohan. I come from a country where we fund an elite German family to shoot game on their acres of land, wave, act with interest at openings of schools and charity events, give a speech to the people once a year and take a lot of holidays.

In our defence, I must say that in my 31 years of experience, you are far more respected as a down to earth individual who can mix amongst the masses than some ego inflated fashion victim who considers themselves a cut above the less priviliged of society.

The hi-so concept may have been adopted from western imagery and films, but it is certainly misinterpreted. Like my mum always says; class is not about having money, but about manners, behaviour and respect for yourself and others.

I often feel the hi-so thing here is born out of insecurity. Most of the hi-so women I have come into contact with seem to want to separate themselves from being cast as typically Thai. One woman that springs to mind appears hell bent on being as european as possible. She was educated at a boarding school in the UK, she always looks down at other women, especially pretty daker skinned girls, and even whiter but poorer than her girls. I must say I have only come into contact with perhaps less than 15 of what I would call truly hi-so people, so I am probably not in the best position to make any presumptions or judgements on the so called higher society.

#7 yohan

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

View Postlix, on 08 November 2009 - 02:36 PM, said:

..... I was not suggesting it is any different Yohan.

..... The hi-so concept may have been adopted from western imagery and films.....

..... Most of the hi-so women I have come into contact with seem to want to separate themselves from being cast as typically Thai. One woman that springs to mind appears hell bent on being as european as possible. She was educated at a boarding school in the UK...
I agree with you, I also think, this so-called hi-so behavior of Asian women is imported from the Western world.

Thai society and other Asian societies for sure do not support women, who are into selling their used underwear - an 'oppressed' Asian woman might see it however as a sign of Western female empowerment and liberation - like burning bras? Who knows?

I think, this is done out of personal greediness and impatience, as the money is not enough - you must buy this and that, you must have your own car like this story in this thread with this Thai secretary, it is plainly materialistic thinking no other background.

Thai people are quite good in business and often have strange ideas how to make money. Burning your bra makes you a feminist, but does not produce any money.

Selling your used panties as an Asian girl online, especially those which are yellow in front, red spot in the middle down and brown behind is obviously creating a considerable income. Why not? Don't ask me, who are these men paying for that...

#8 TizMe

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

View Postyohan, on 08 November 2009 - 03:11 PM, said:

I agree with you, I also think, this so-called hi-so behavior of Asian women is imported from the Western world
I don't think it was imported from the Western world at all.  There has always been the "haves" and the "have nots" in Thailand. The only difference now to the past is the growing number of "middle-class'.

#9 xo_artemis

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

View PostTizMe, on 08 November 2009 - 03:26 PM, said:

The only difference now to the past is the growing number of "middle-class'.

There are growing numbers of "middle-class" in Indonesia too. But I think it's more because credit card so easy to get and those "middle-class" wallet are actually full of credit card with unpaid debt.

they use credit card to buy high end goods that they actually couldn't afford yet, and just pay the minimum payment allowed by the bank month by month.

#10 yohan

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

View PostTizMe, on 08 November 2009 - 03:26 PM, said:

I don't think it was imported from the Western world at all.  There has always been the "haves" and the "have nots" in Thailand. The only difference now to the past is the growing number of "middle-class'.
But I do not know about any case in Thai history, where Thai women were selling their used underwear.

If you read back, the first reaction of a Thai woman was

'Are these vendors really Thai people?'

As they are Thai women and not the poorest ones, this idea must be come from somewhere...but from where?
Same question you could ask also here in Japan.

As I said, it's an imported feminist idea, similar to bra-burning, but somewhat cost-efficient, as you can find many male idiots, who is even willing to pay for multicolor panties in brown, red and yellow.

#11 TizMe

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Sorry, I mis-understood what you were saying, your saying the "selling used underwear" is an idea imported from the west. (I think more likely imported from Japan isn't it?)

I thought that you were saying that "hi-so" behavour was imported from the west.

#12 yohan

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

View PostTizMe, on 08 November 2009 - 04:17 PM, said:

Sorry, I mis-understood what you were saying, your saying the "selling used underwear" is an idea imported from the west. (I think more likely imported from Japan isn't it?)
I am not so sure, if this is a Japanese idea.

Usually Japanese do not have own ideas, it is well-known, that they only copy such ideas from somewhere.
Seems to be already an international fetish. For sure not only the Japanese and the Thais.

http://www.myusedpantystore.com/
http://www.myusedpan...ndex.php<br />
http://www.usedpanty...l.com/index.php

even a forum, for example

http://www.usedpanty...=26161&catid=30

http://twitter.com/christyspanties

Panties from Australia...
Name Christy Panties
Location Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Bio Hi, I’m Christy. I’m 25, smart, cute, fun, blonde, funny & bisexual. Oh and I also lead a kinky double life & sell my moist used panties.

#13 20DowntheDrain

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Somehow this thread jumped from used panties and foot fetish to a hi-so lo-so debate. Only on OE. :notworthy:

#14 yohan

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

This is an old thread already, and there are no updates. Nothing new so far...

I think, it has nothing to do with low or high society.

Most of these crazy sex-ideas are coming up in the West first, but they find their way quickly into Japan as there are few legal restrictions and plenty of young and old male customers willing to pay for such nonsense.

Youth from other Asian countries, Thailand for example, copy such behavior from Japan. - Same is true with comics, movies and any other sex-stuff.

Edited by yohan, 03 December 2011 - 03:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise