Asia Hotels

1 week holiday advices for The Philippines

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 happytheman

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:45 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, i love beaches and islands and ofcourse women, I chose Phillipines as my destination this time. I would love to know some advices and travel tips in Angeles City (as my flight is to Clark), Manila then Boracay then Cebu. Is 8 days enough for those locations and how many days each should i stay at each. I just booked the flight and have not book hotel and tour yet, would love to discover myself.

Looking for your ideas, thank you

#2 abu farsi

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:06 AM

YA.. Welcome!

Of course you did not give us your vital statistics.  I am going to assume you are single, 50, and working in the USA.

I have lived in the Philippines some 21 years now, and have never been north of Manila. So right off you are going someplace I have never been.

I would like to warn you that the places you suggested are cities. Third world cities all have the same "look" at street level, no place to sit down. I would suggest that you go to a city (for easy food and lodging) that is surrounded by rural countryside. Take trips out of town to see a place far different than where you are from.

Boricay is like going to a factory resort in the Caribbean.  They provide everything to you at really high prices.

The number one lie that is told almost every foreigner is that someplace is somehow "dangerous".  Yes, the Philippines IS a dangerous place, crime wise, riding the roads, food and water is often not perfect, and the locals will have little functional pity on a foreigner who gets himself into any kind of trouble. But the rebellion, the political unrest, the corruption, and every other thing you have heard will have NOTHING to do with the casual visitor. It is in a way, equally dangerous everyplace.

Travel inside the Philippines is time consuming. You plan to go 4 places in what, 2 weeks? Find a place to sleep in each place? I think MOST of your awake time will be simply arranging for basic services. Being ripped off by taxi drivers.

There are women in every city in the PI. For rent, for girlfriend, for wife, if that is what you are looking for.

If you are frank and specific about what you hope to find, we can be equally as frank and specific about where to find that.

Abu Farsi

Edited by abu farsi, 01 May 2010 - 03:11 AM.

#3 happytheman

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

Hello Abu,

Thank you for your reply, it helps alot.

Sorry for not providing more specific information. Im 25, yes single, im working in singapore. I have 1 week leave before mid july to take, so i chose Philippine and already book the ticket on 26/06 to 04/07 to Clark. I just love to visit adventurous places like beaches and nice moutains or volcanos, yes also want to have brief visit to nice city to have a look.

That's why i would like friends here to recommend about the recommended locations to visit and travel tips. I heard that women here are very nice and friendly, it would be lovely if i know some as well:d

#4 yohan

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

View Posthappytheman, on 01 May 2010 - 01:45 AM, said:

I am new here, i love beaches and islands and of course women, I chose Phillipines as my destination this time. I would love to know some advices and travel tips in Angeles City (as my flight is to Clark), Manila then Boracay then Cebu. Is 8 days enough for those locations .....

Travel within Philippines is time-consuming, I can comment only about Cebu.
I fully agree with Abu Farsi's comment.

As you have only a few days, I would continue straight into Cebu. Travelling around Cebu island is OK for the few days you are planning to spend in Philippines. Cebu city, Moalboal etc.

Borocay is known as a rip-off. But I was never there, just what I hear from other travellers.

Many Philippine tourist destinations are located in remote areas, and all what is needed has to be brought there by shipping or air-cargo. They are often under foreign management which means not cheap at all.

#5 abu farsi

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

Ya Yohan...

Been to Cebu, and moalboal is a good suggestion, but, if he lands in clark he will spend at least 2 of his 7 days in airports.

West of clark there are some fine beaches, north just half a day is mount Punitubo, still North are some places where some countryside exists.  Stay away from bagio, expensive.  Going east will get you to someplace out of the way of the tourist tract for local flavor.

If I were happytheman, I would not try to fly any place, just ride a bus for day trips, return to a pension house near Angeles for the nights.

Abu Farsi

#6 yohan

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

View Postabu farsi, on 03 May 2010 - 05:59 PM, said:

... but, if he lands in clark ...

That's correct, best is to relax and not to move too far away from the airport. The time is too short, by far too short.

I was only one time North of Manila, the usual trip up to Baguio, and yes, some rip-off going on there.

My fostergirl is in Cebu, and other friends are near Ormoc in Leyte, and usually I am using the direct flight Tokyo-Cebu, but this year, Bangkok-Manila-Cebu, just changing the airplane in Manila.

#7 JerryNic

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

View Posthappytheman, on 01 May 2010 - 01:45 AM, said:

Looking for your ideas, thank you

I not an expert, I have made only 3 trips to the PI spending about 4 weeks each trip. However, my limited experience would send you to Cebu no more than 48 hours after arriving in Angeles City. Get a taste of Manila, for sure, then get out. The nice girls are in Cebu. Resorts like Moalboal are more casual as Boracay...and much cheaper. Good luck.
Jerry

#8 Tatoosh

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:05 AM

I agree with JerryNic.  But if you check out Boracay there are less expensive sections to stay.  If you want the big resort experience, it will cost. If you want a nice, clean place to stay that is a short walk to the beach, try Dave's Strawhat Resort.  I think I was paying 35 bucks a day for a small, but very clean room, linens changed daily, and food available until 7 or 8 I think.  If I remember right, Station 1 is the expensive section, Station 2 is the party section, and Station 3 (where Dave's is located) is the budget section.

Cebu and the outskirts of the province is the place for some of the sweetest women in the world.  I say this even if my Cebuana is NOT parked over my shoulder watching.  They are not all angels, but they are well worth your time.  Have fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise