Foreigner opening a Singapore bank account on a tourist visa
Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:28 AM
Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:54 PM
Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:24 PM
Dear Mr Mandrunk,
Good day to you!
Thank you for your interest in banking with HSBC. I will be assisting you in the account application process.
Here is an overview of the services we offer to non-residents of Singapore, through our International Banking Centre. There is no capital gains tax in Singapore, and interest income accruing from Singapore are not subject to withholding tax in Singapore for non-residents. We provide an extensive range of wealth management services, including Deposits, Investments, Savings and Current accounts in major currencies (USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD and HKD) to ensure that your financial needs are taken care of.
Please note that all accounts with our International Banking Centre can only be used solely for personal transactions, and that we are unable to accept applications for business purposes.
Premier customer will enjoy:
- A Relationship Manager assigned for your banking needs
- Fax banking
- Premier branded debit cards (for selected accounts)
- Preferential interest rates for Term deposits
- Discounts on Telegraphic transfers/ Commission in lieu of exchange
- Free transfer funds between your self-named accounts within HSBC via Internet banking
- Free cash withdrawals via HSBC Global ATM machines
- To qualify, you will need to maintain a total of SGD200,000 or USD150,000 (equivalent) or more in credit balances and investments (For balances below that, there would be a monthly Premier service fee of SGD50)
- If you are an existing Premier Customer with any of our HSBC offices around the world, you will get to enjoy HSBC Premier Services in Singapore, without having to maintain the required balance.
- Attached are the bank tariffs for your information
For customer with basic needs, we do offer non-Premier accounts as follows. The minimum balance to maintain for a non-Premier offshore account (for foreigners residing outside Singapore) is SGD75,000 equivalent. For balances below that, there would be a monthly offshore service fee of SGD30.
-SGD Savings Account
-SGD PowerVantage Account
-Foreign Currency Savings Account - denominated in either USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, CAD or HKD
-Multi Currency Savings Account - available in five key currencies (AUD, EUR, GBP, SGD, USD) by default. Other currencies ( HKD, JPY, CAD, CHF, and NZD) will be made available upon request.
It is possible to amble into the Bangkok Branch of HSBC and get them to do all of this for you without even setting foot in Singapore. HSBC are also advertising heavily on Orient Expat at the moment and seem to be taking a large chunk of our CPM banner space.
Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:22 PM
Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:25 PM
Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:46 AM
Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:29 AM
Edited by กำนัน, 19 April 2012 - 06:12 AM.
Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:12 AM
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users