Orient Expat Friends

Chinese girl in rabbit crushing video outrage

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rogerluli

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

For anyone needing to get outraged all over again...here's one of a Chinese girl crushing a small rabbit under a sheet of glass while her friends laugh... :no3:

http://www.chinahush...-little-rabbit/

#2 kamikaze

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

In every society you have a small percentage of twisted individuals. In a country of 1.3 billion, I imagine there are a lot.

#3 rogerluli

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

I think its more of the mindless sort of thing that young people anywhere could do...Actually China is defintely becoming more pet friendly...The numbers of people keeping dogs and cats as pets in cities has exploded and these animals have been outlawed as appearing on menus...

#4 Uncle Gweilo

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

^Like in the West, they are becoming child substitutes. Although there are still reports of neighbourhoods in big cities sticking to the old rules of no pets- but that may be a couple of years old now.

^^And as people start to really congregate in huge numbers in cities the amount of mindless violence and similar will increase.

Edited by Uncle Gweilo, 21 November 2010 - 10:07 PM.

#5 Jack Fancy

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

I saw this on Chinasmack.com or Chinahush.com the other day...
Not sure what the point is.  The article said it might've been Sichuan dialect
but I sure couldn't make anything outta it from all the girly giggling.
What a way to spend a Friday night!

Two spectators, a crusher and a cameraman.  How does a party like that get started?
Think of the ice-breaker....

I got a strong stomach but after she dry-butted the bunny a couple of times, I figured, what's the point?

#6 rogerluli

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

Ah this is even more wierd than originally thought... :no3: These girls are evidently making these videos for people all over the world who have a "crush fetish" of seeing small animals tortured and killed. They sell the DVDs and underwear and shoes on their website... :no3:

http://www.chinahush...girl/#more-7808

#7 Starseeker

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hm..., *shrugs*, personally, I think peta is just another religion that's no better than any of the current organized religion.  Of course, my statement above can be immediately construed as supporting some kind of cruelty to animals by the same zealots.

I am against the basic ideals of anthropomorphism, but, as a human, I can't help to treat things as such.  Countries with long history tend to take a less angelic views on humanity and survival.  In essence, those cultures sort of shed the upper class ideals or ability to humanize life stock or animals that work/live in close contact with humans.  

If I were to look at this from some kinda of Chinese pov, is there anything wrong with crushing bacon or steak?  You might be wasting food, but you can afford it.  The same thing can be said about spending millions on protesting against seal hunting or saving abandoned pets, because they can afford it.  I sometimes wonder why peta zealots don't just donate all the money that the seal industry generate every year to support the struggling native people.  Any way, that's another thought for another day.

#8 romanv

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

It's nothing but sadism. Seal clubbing or whale hunting is very different. Even fox hunting I think is just satiating a desire that many people have, we were evolved to hunt after all, its not sadistic in the same way, though the moment of the kill I am sure is a major part of the 'thrill' of it. In theory at least the fox has a chance of getting away.

I agree that a lot of people seem to imbue animals, especially cute ones, with Disney like qualities, but I imagine what we saw is the just the tip of the iceberg. There are some very sick people out there.

#9 john

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

My family (from Pennsylvania) hunts and it goes without saying that there is no common ground at all between that and these videos.  

For them hunting is about obtaining food, even if the practice is based more on liking the activity than the actual need to sustain themselves.  It's probably one of the reasons I'm a vegetarian now, along with exposure to some modern farming practices.

While I'm on the subject, hunting is probably a more humane way to obtain meat because even though death delivered by rifles or shotguns doesn't always go well at least the animals didn't live in a prison-like factory environment.  Come to think of it it's an appropriate day for this post.

#10 กำนัน

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:24 AM

This story has gone mainstream all over the world...
http://www.telegraph...unny-video.html

One of the alleged culprits has apologised after being identified by Chinese internet users...

... A search for her was launched there and according to reports she was identified as a woman from Luzhou.
The 26-year-old said she was forced to appear in the video by an unscrupulous boss when she was an intern.
At the beginning, she said, she was asked to crush fruit, then progressed to fish, lobsters and other live animals.
She was paid about 100 yuan ($15; £10) for crushing fruit, 200-300 yuan for certain small animals and up to 6,000 yuan for rabbits.

Full: http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-11840955

#11 rogerluli

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

Probably MUCH more than anyone wanted to know as the rabbit crushing girl comes forth to apologize and explain the whole story... :no3:

http://www.chinasmac...s-explains.html

#12 กำนัน

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

On the right. Nice shoes:

Attached File  nice-shoes.jpg   27.23K   

#13 Jack Fancy

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

See where your fetishes take you....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise