Jump to content

Orient Expat Friends

China Multi-entry Tourist Visa


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gratefulmurray

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Does anyone know if it possible to get a 12 month multi-entry visa that allows you to stay longer than 90 days per entry?  Last year i got a visa for 90 days per entry, so i left the country and came back every 90 days.  A good excuse to travel, but it would be much more convient if i could get a visa that allowed for 120 or 180 day entries instead.  I am applying for my visa now.  Question 2.4 asks what you longest intended stay in china would be... i am putting down 180 days in hopes of getting a 180 day per entry visa.  Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with this?
Thanks alot


Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

For a tourist visa, probably not. Perhaps, with a business visa...especially if you've previously carried one.

#3 stumpy

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:36 AM

Grateful Murray

Yes and no would be the answer as things change day to day hour to hour with chinese immigration. I was working in Mongolia early this year and could not get a multiple entry visa straight off. Had to get a single entry first.The company applied for multiple entry business visas and were turned down despite them having an office in Beijing.

#4 Starseeker

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Well, stumpy's experience is par of course/the norm around China.  Sometimes I wish the guys will stop pretending that they are legit and just ask for bribes out right like some countries.

Afaik (which isn't much considering how often China changes its rules or just plainly ignores it), they don't grant multiple entry "tourist" visas, especially one with 120 or 180  days.  I barely get away with multiple entry business visas and I usually try to get 6 months (doesn't mean I always succeed).

Well, technically, a legitimate long term multiple entry business visa will require me to get a company invite and proof of employment, but most people usually skate through the gray area by applying in HK.  My own experience has shown that one should never go through the official embassy to get visas because 1. it's more stringent and requires a lot more time and paper work, 2. way more expensive.  

Afaik, the best visa for convenience sake is a visiting family visa for former Chinese citizens and the fabled "Foreign Expert" visa.  I know a few people who are at the top of their field with legit Foreign Expert visas, and they get very good treatment at customs.  It's long term, multiple entry and they don't even check his/her bag at the customs.  If my info or memory is correct, only certain government institutions and organizations can apply for these on behalf of their guests or employees.  I have seen adverts and rumors in Beijing that says they can apply one for you, but I don't know how much stock I can put in those.

Anyway, I doubt you'll get one but good luck anyway.

#5 stumpy

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:09 PM


Take note of the advice of OE members like Starseeker. The company I was contracted to in Monglia is a large well known construction company based in HongKong who have been in Asia for many years. And whichever route you choose to take make sure it is legit. Nothing worse than falling foul of Chinese Immigration authorities. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise