Asia Hotels

Lifestyle counts as much as work for china's younger generation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cageface

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Interesting to see attitudes towards work in China are becoming increasingly Western as more people rise above the bare subsistence level. I expect we'll see this eventually in places like Vietnam too.

This is the first time I've heard the term "little emperors" used to describe this generation of Chinese...

http://www.csmonitor...as-much-as-work

#2 Jack Fancy

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

An okay article but it's much more interesting watching the difference between the Post-80's Little Emperors and the Post-90's Little Emperors.

#3 Uncle Gweilo

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

I wouldn't advise a "naked resignation" to anyone in just about any country at the moment.

#4 cageface

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

@jack what are the differences between the 80s version and 90s version?

I did the "naked" resignation thing myself but I'm not sure I'd advise it to anybody else.

#5 MrFantabulous

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

Having worked for Chinese companies I am always happy when they just up and quit after being dicked around by management.  Chinese management in general treats workers like school children.   Probably most of them do have the fall back of their parents willing to support them for a few months.  Let's hope all this works to teach Chinese companies to value and respect employees a bit more. . . . though as long as there are big lineups for jobs and no shortage of qualified people..  they won't need to treat people well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise