Phuket - A Russian tourist was electrocuted and restaurant manager severely injured in a power leakage at a swimming pool Wednesday night, police said.
Police said Fedor Samsonov, 45, was killed in the swimming pool of Dewa Hotel on the Karon Beach.
Surasak Phetsut, 33, the restaurant manager, was severely injured when he tried to rescue the tourist...
RIP. What a senseless waste of life. All it takes is the most basic, rudimentary electrical safety measures to prevent this stuff.
The Dewa isn't a cheep charlie place by the way. It's a four star property. See: Dewa Hotel Karon Beach
I remember mentioning in another thread ages ago, that I was once electrocuted by an AC unit in a room at the Amari Atrium in Bangkok. Crazy, really crazy. So don't for one second think that staying at higher end properties will afford you some protection from this lack of basic electrical safety.
Boy Dies In Hotel Electrocution, Phuket, Thailand
Thai Attitude Towards Electrical Safety
The importance of grounding or earthing your home in Thailand
Electrocuted in Chiang Mai
See this post