Orient Expat Friends

Russian sex slaves in Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Razin

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

Russian sex slaves in Bangkok
03/30/2004

Human traffic continues to blossom even in the XXI century, bringing in $7-12 billion annually. Women are the most popular commodity. According to EU, more than 120 000 of women and children from the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, including Russia become victims of human traffic every year. Overall, commodity circulation in this International slave industry involves 4 million people.

I know this article isn't so new - but gives a glimpse on this issue.

anyone else knows more facts?

I've read once in some newpaper while in Taiwan that only according to official statistics there are at least 50'000 of them all over this part of Asia.

personally I don't know about slaves  - but I saw a lot of russian gals "working" on Sukhumvit their "night shifts". I know that a lot of asian men - including thais -  like them.

#2 Harlot

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

I once found myself in an all night drinking den somewhere in Bangkok. I don't know where exactly because I was very drunk and a tuk tuk driver took me there after I staggered into him outside the Grand Hyatt Eriwan. Some rough bar girl was there trying to seduce me. Through the haze, I can remember she had blond hair and a Russian accent. I did not partake in the pleasure she was offering thankfully. That is the only experience I have of Russian Women in Asia. She seemed scared of her boss.

#3 Guest_Jingle_*

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:13 AM

I think every bargirl/prostitute is scared of her "boss"/pimp........if they have one. Most of them are abused, sadly...........

#4 think_too_mut

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

Jingle, on Jun 10 2005, 10:13 AM, said:

I think every bargirl/prostitute is scared of her "boss"/pimp........if they have one. Most of them are abused, sadly...........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jingle,
There are no pimps as such in Thai go-go bar or beer-bar industry. Nobody is scared.

The Ruskies may have brought something like that but it's between them and their sponsors.
It takes them much more than boarding a bus from Isaan's Nakhon Nowhere to BKK or Pattaya for 70 baht and no passports and no visas.

#5 (Member banned)

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:24 AM

The link in posting #1 about the Russians:
The debt was $5 000. This sum comprised expenses for fake documents, visas, housing, and food.
They became sex slaves. On the average, each one of the girls earned $700-$800, after "taking care" of 6-7 clients per night. Sometimes, "lucky ones" managed to get up to $3 000.

I wonder, who pays this in Thailand for a Russian girl?....about USD 100,- for the girl, for one hour or so....sharing her with 7 clients per night?
-----
A Thai beer-bar girl might leave anytime, another one will come and take her chair within a few hours...some coming, some going - no girl is afraid of her boss.
There is no shortage of Asian girls for entertainment in Bangkok or Pattaya. If one girl does not like the requested 'labour conditions', the next one will come and comply.

I have no idea about all these Russian, Australian and other Western girls, but I think, they are few. -
Should this above mentioned rate be true, then I am not surprised - who is that idiot, who pays such a rate for a Russian girl for some hours in Thailand?

#6 Axel

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:39 AM

Yohan, think of all the Thais who want to go exotic.  :blink:

Guess it is the same as in Taipei or Tokyo where horeds of Russian do operate, usually7 for a month or two when they are rotated to other countries to ease the visa-problems.

#7 meadish

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

The sheer number of punters in Bangkok, no matter their nationalities, means a market where everything is demanded and much is provided.

#8 Bluecat

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:07 PM

A few months back, in Tawandaeng, I was sitting next to a Thai guy with 2 Ukrainian or Russian (not sure) girls and the 3 of them were drinking like fishes.
The result, the Thai guy did not know where he was anymore and the 2 girls started looking for other prospects.
Well, I don't know about slaves but they're sure good drinkers... :blink:

#9 think_too_mut

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

Axel, on Jun 15 2005, 06:39 PM, said:

Yohan, think of all the Thais who want to go exotic.  :blink:

Guess it is the same as in Taipei or Tokyo where horeds of Russian do operate, usually7 for a month or two when they are rotated to other countries to ease the visa-problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Soi 3 Arab clentele would die for a blond white woman.

Russians in Tokyo - Good looking JP prostitutes are not easily available to foreigners. With 1.8 million foreigners in Japan (including Filipinos and other Asians) there will always be market for other Asians and Russians.

#10 Guest_stroll_*

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:48 PM

Bluecat, on Jun 15 2005, 08:07 PM, said:

The result, the Thai guy did not know where he was anymore and the 2 girls started looking for other prospects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, hey, and guess who sat at th next table... :blink:  :wine:

#11 Bluecat

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:57 PM

:blink:

I'm not too much into exotic girls, Stroll... :wine:

#12 (Member banned)

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:17 PM

Exotic?  :blink:
Russian girls are not 'exotic' for me. I would offer them 50 baht for a drink and my smile...thank you and bye.... :wine:

#13 กำนัน

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:27 AM

Bumping this topic, does anyone know of any resources where I can read up on this aspect of Bangkok. I need to know more because of an article I'm thinking over. I personally only had one liason with a Russian girl in BKK and it was also in an illegal all night bar. I wasn't playing either.

#14 mbk

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:55 AM

No first hand experience, but I have seen the fat, ugly eastern European slappers that loiter around the Soi Nana area
when I walk to Kasikorn bank, and it ain't a pretty sight, I'll tell you.

#15 Bluecat

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

I sat next to one in one of my trip back from Frankfurt to Bangkok and she sure did not fit that description... :w00t:  :D

#16 mbk

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

A Russian sex slave or a Russian woman? There is a big difference, and how could someone tell the difference on an international flight? Was she giving you the look? :w00t:

#17 mbk

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

....or, let me guess. This was the day of the induction of Bluecat into the Mile High Club? :w00t:

#18 Bluecat

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:22 PM

View Postmbk, on Oct 29 2006, 07:17 PM, said:

Was she giving you the look? :D

The look and the talk... :w00t:  :D

#19 mbk

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:33 PM

I see. And, may I inquire as to the status of your membership?

#20 Bluecat

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

As good as she looked, and as good as she talked, I was not a bachelor anymore at that time and well, I'm a very faithful guy. :w00t:
Does not mean I'm not a member, by the way... :D

#21 britmaveric

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:57 PM

In Patters - russian gogo. Nice bodies but old and worn looking. Lot on the street too or from former russian states. Never could see how the ladies could make any dosh - arab clients maybe? :w00t:

#22 Bluecat

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:01 PM

They're mostly Ukrainian, not Russians.
And well in Pattaya, getting the worn out ones is not really specific to Russians... :w00t:

#23 mbk

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:01 PM

View Postbritmaveric, on Oct 29 2006, 07:57 PM, said:

In Patters - russian gogo. Nice bodies but old and worn looking. Lot on the street too or from former russian states. Never could see how the ladies could make any dosh - arab clients maybe? :w00t:

The ones I've seen look spent, hard, pocked and tired. Just not my cup of tea.

#24 mbk

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:02 PM

View PostBluecat, on Oct 29 2006, 08:01 PM, said:

They're mostly Ukrainian, not Russians.
And well in Pattaya, getting the worn out ones is not really specific to Russians... :w00t:

:D Psychic.

Edited by mbk, 29 October 2006 - 01:03 PM.

#25 elsie

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

I saw a few of them in CM2 at the Novotel Siam Square. Not that I can tell Ukranians from Russians.  :w00t:

#26 Bluecat

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:09 PM

Well I can't either, just a wild guess... :w00t:

#27 mbk

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:14 PM

View Postmbk, on Oct 29 2006, 04:55 PM, said:

View PostMandrake, on Oct 29 2006, 12:27 PM, said:

Bumping this topic, does anyone know of any resources where I can read up on this aspect of Bangkok. I need to know more because of an article I'm thinking over. I personally only had one liason with a Russian girl in BKK and it was also in an illegal all night bar. I wasn't playing either.

No first hand experience, but I have seen the fat, ugly eastern European slappers that loiter around the Soi Nana area
when I walk to Kasikorn bank, and it ain't a pretty sight, I'll tell you.

This is why I edited 'Ukrainian' to eastern European, because I don't know better. I've only heard that there are lots of Ukrainian bells here.

#28 elsie

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:17 PM

From what I saw, Thai men were really interested in them. They chatted for a bit. And the Thais walked back. They couldn't afford the price. I never know what their rates are.

#29 Bluecat

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

5,000 Baht short time a Thai friend told me... :w00t:

#30 Nordlys

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:36 PM

:w00t:  :D

Do we still see Chinese prostitutes in Bangkok these days?  

BTW Bangkok saw quite a few Japanese street hookers during and before WW2.  They can be spotted on Sathorn and Suriwongse, I was told.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise