Asia Hotels

Do you want to marry an Indonesian woman?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 BlahBlahBlah

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

Don’t you all worship the same fallacy God?

Edited by BlahBlahBlah, 16 September 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#32 yohan

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

View Posthollywood3000, on 16 September 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

...Christ as the Savior

...Being Muslim for a day" is what many non-religious Christians call it

...Find a nice Indo Chinese gal who is Christian and things are a lot smoother...

I think, for marriage Islam is smoother than Christianity.

If you are a Catholic, your spouse must be a Catholic, too. And same with the Jehovah and Mormons etc. etc.
Christians are not so unified and open-minded as you claim. They are all out to proselytize, but are even rejecting marriage among their own Christian-orientated churches.

Islam is not like that.

You can marry as a Muslim man a Christian woman or/and a Jew woman, no need for her/them to convert.
And there is also divorce possible, you don't need to pay the Vatican for a signature to nullify your bad choice...

#33 TizMe

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

I don't need to marry a Muslim to deny Christ as the Savior!!

#34 Bluecat

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

:doh:

#35 Uncle Gweilo

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

^^ Anyone who is not a Christian does that.

#36 DellaSamHalba

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

Woow ... before the topic turned into a religious issue!
I want to say, the expat here, I think no one wants to marry Indonesian women, they do not have any reason. unless they really fall in love. Christianity or Islam they all were good. if this rule, strange! not of any religion is wrong but the people who make the wrong rules. so just calm

#37 Bluecat

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:38 PM

As much as I agree with you, it is unfortunately a religious issue as far as the Muslim world is concerned.
I for one sure would never have accepted to become a Christian in order to be able to marry a Christian girl.
Or become a Buddhist in order to marry a Buddhist girl.
Thanks God :wheelchair:, I did not have to.
But it seems I should become a Muslim before marrying a Muslim girl.
Am I wrong?

#38 Uncle Gweilo

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

And ditto for Jews in a lot of cases.

I suppose it helps to keep their faith true by not "polluting" it with other dogmas.

#39 Bluecat

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Right. If you want to keep people believing in your religion, you'd better make sure they have no choice.
Could be with the threat of torture or death, as during the Inquisition period in Europe.
Or could be by not allowing you to marry the girl you love if you do not convert to her religion.
Not too sure which one is the most effective... :wheelchair: :doctor:

#40 DellaSamHalba

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

:wheelchair: :doctor: :lol:   well, when you love someone who is different religion with you!
I think we know what problems we will face in the future.
life's choices, and that option has advantages and disadvantages
so please choose which one ..
I include people who are not going to accept someone who follows my religion just because of me. because for me have the religion that is not about being a Muslim, Christian, Buddhist ..
but have faith that makes us always think positively despite bad as any of our lives.

#41 Bluecat

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

View PostDellaSamHalba, on 10 October 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

but have faith that makes us always think positively

Hmm, not too sure about that.
If the jihad, the crusades, the inquisition, IRA, 9/11, to only name a few, are any indication  :wheelchair:

#42 DellaSamHalba

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

II wear a new id, (I do not know with my previous id)
well, not live it, essentially only two things.
learning and responsible.
we learn from mistakes and successes around us.
of good and bad. if no it all, is not called life.
from a mistake we know what is right.
but must take responsibility for what we do, and that's the role of religion. provide guidelines for living in the world.
I am even confused if there are still people do not believe in god?
do you believe in god?  :wheelchair:

#43 กำนัน

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

View PostBluecat, on 10 October 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Or become a Buddhist in order to marry a Buddhist girl.
Thanks God :wheelchair:, I did not have to.

I'm not a spiritual man, but every day I thank god for my wife... I'm not sure what that means, other than our cultural conditioning, and the influence of the church on our language.

#44 BlahBlahBlah

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

You don’t need to convert to Islam to marry a Muslim. If you are a Christian or a Jew the Qur’an has no objections to an inter-religious marriage. If you are not of one of the Abrahamic faiths, you will need to convert. Muslims fear atheists more than anything else. After all, atheism is a faster growing belief system than Islam.

Edited by BlahBlahBlah, 10 October 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#45 yohan

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

That's only partially true.

This is only true if the man is a Muslim and the woman is a Christian or Jew.

It is not allowed for a Muslim woman to marry a man out of Islam.

Further, Hanafi/Wahabi Muslims are not allowed to marry Shia Muslim . For both, men and woman. They exclude each other by a different interpretation of the Islamic religion.

#46 Stocky

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Can they marry a Pastafarian? :wheelchair:

Attached File  330px-Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg   15.12K   

#47 Bluecat

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

:doctor:

They sure can, we  all love pasta.  :wheelchair:

#48 Uncle Gweilo

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

GOD- a simple monosyllable that's easy to pronounce and spell correctly and serves just as well as any other term to "explain" the (as yet) unexplainable. (Apologies to R. A. Heinlein for the paraphrase.)

#49 ryderman3

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

My ex wife's ex bf married an Indonisian woman and i can say the $50000 is a load of crock.
Met them a few times and she is actually a nice girl. the one thing i know he moaned about a lot was paying the £1500 ILR.

The other thing they did talk about was her credit card from Indi.. if she does not pay the bill herself, the bill has to be paid by her family, which at the time, i thought was quite harsh but actually not a bad idea. It makes sure the creitors will always get their money.

#50 tuky

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

The whole idea behind the suggestion that this 500jt become law was to protect Indonesian woman and their future.

There is a bit of an issue in Indo where blokes marry an Indo woman in a muslim ceremony which is not a lawful ceremony, having a kid and then leaving for greener pastures. The girl doesn't have much of a future after that, always will be branded a prostitute by local men and so on. The idea was that is this happened the woman would have something to fall back on.

Ofcourse in the real world this was a terrible idea and even more detrimental to Indo woman so it never really took off.

Infact over the last few years the laws have been relaxed with regards to foreign men marrying local woman and are now a darn sight better than the Thai laws when immigration is concerned.

#51 DaErudite

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

A few weeks ago my friend married and indo woman and there was absolutely no lavishness from her part.  Every country and culture has their gold diggers and humble people.

#52 BaoEvil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postchingy_, on 25 April 2006 - 05:46 AM, said:

no thanks, im going buying myself a sport car which i will love more
I'm with you on this one, Chingy! Much less maintenance and headache. :wine:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise