Asia Hotels

Singapore girls had to remove their coloured bras in school

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Bluecat

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:06 PM

Braless order at school

6 March 2006. The Star Online

STUDENTS of a secondary school in Singapore, who were recently found to be wearing coloured bras to school, were forced to go braless, reported China Press.

According to the daily, the school only allowed students to wear white, beige and light grey bras.

The daily said most of the affected students were caught wearing coloured bras during a Physical Education class

They were forced to remove the bras in the bathroom, which were then confiscated.

Describing the action as "too much", the daily quoted the students as saying they were mortified, more so as male teachers were present.

The daily said a school spokesman admitted that those who had given the order had "gone overboard."

She said the school had decided to provide white bras for those flouting the rules.

The daily also reported that several schools in the republic were taking different approaches in dealing with the matter.  

One school was already selling bras to students.  

Others had informed the parents before asking the students to leave the school to change their bras.

Advertisement: Professional, ethical Expat personals in Singapore

#2 yohan

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

Similar dress code is also in Japan. There is a school uniform, strict regulation including the underwear and bra. No bicycle allowed, route to/from school to walk written in the student's advice book, schoolbag containing only permitted items...
Many items like lipstick or walkman, of course alcohol, cigarettes are not allowed. Theft among students is very rare.
Teachers might search the students anytime - for body search same sex is obligatory.

In Japan children breaking these rules will be sent home immediately, and parents will be informed, by phonecall and by letter.

#3 Bluecat

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

View Postyohan, on Mar 6 2006, 08:10 PM, said:

In Japan children breaking these rules will be sent home immediately, and parents will be informed, by phonecall and by letter.

I would have thought the same in the very conservative Singapore.
Asking the girls to remove their bras in the toilets is unusual, to say the least...

#4 Axel

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

'Gone overboard' is the correct description of this 'action'.

#5 chingy_

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:32 AM

Just like the Sing, brainles, does wearing different bra color gonna affect their ability to study or what.

#6 yohan

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:53 AM

View Postchingy_, on Mar 7 2006, 01:32 PM, said:

Just like the Sing, brainles, does wearing different bra color gonna affect their ability to study or what.
No, but it is a break of the dressing code of the school.
All students have to use the same clothings, including the underwear.

Next time we will ask, if carrying cigarettes, beer bottles, lipsticks or condoms in the school bag will affect the ability to study, despite these items are listed as 'not permitted'

In Japan school uniform is based on modesty. All children have the same uniform set and the same items in the school bag. - There is no difference, if the parents are rich or poor.

There is no choice, and all students, regardless the age, have to accept that - without any exception. Singapore and Malaysia is about the same, as far as I know.

My own children had never any problem with that, but there are always children, who are trying to break these school uniform rules.
Responsible for that 'breaking of rules' are the parents, who have the duty and the right to control their children before they are sent to school in morning.

#7 chingy_

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:54 AM

what the fuk are you talking about, its a [size=7][color="#FF0000"]BRA[/color][/size], you mean they are expect to look under some girl shirt, why dont you just as well check the panty too while you are it. ITS A DAMN BRA, yes the one that cover her tits, boob, nipple, its not for anybody to see, HELLO!!!

#8 yohan

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:21 AM

It can be seen, through the white blouse, and this is the reason, why all these school girls are using bras with a dark color.

If it is not for anybody to see, why not to change the school uniform rules and prohibit the use of BRA's generally. - For what does such a flat-breast Chinese teenager need a bra anyway?

NO BRA for all girls in any school in Singapore!

Promoting the BRA-less society!

#9 Axel

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:02 AM

When I said, they have gone overboard, I referred to this statement:

They were forced to remove the bras in the bathroom, which were then confiscated.

Normal course of action would have been indeed, to call the parents, explain the situation and send the girls home, to change for return next day.

Secondary school is a bit too early to show off your wonderbra or whatever is out there.

#10 chingy_

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:17 AM

now we know who kept them for later use

#11 Bluecat

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:19 PM

View Postyohan, on Mar 7 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

View Postchingy_, on Mar 7 2006, 01:32 PM, said:

They probably can see the coloured bras underneath the white shirts but how do they check for the panties?
Do the girls have to walk on a mirror at school entrance? :(

#12 Axel

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

View Postyohan, on Mar 7 2006, 03:21 PM, said:

I am not interested in school girls, but otherwise I fully support this motion.
Err, but not necessarily in Europe.

#13 chingy_

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:09 PM

pervert,  :(
but than again bra-less society sound good to me  :(

#14 yohan

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:54 PM

View PostAxel, on Mar 7 2006, 11:20 PM, said:

View Postyohan, on Mar 7 2006, 03:21 PM, said:

I am not interested in school girls, but otherwise I fully support this motion.
Err, but not necessarily in Europe.
Why not in Europe, Axel? And is it not existing anymore there?

In Europe, I think, there is FKK (nudity culture) existing, where all men, women and children are meeting together, and they are all totally nude...and I think, this movement is legal only in Europe, not heard from anywhere else.

About schoolgirls...hmmm, it depends, how old they are...no problem with that here in Japan.

There are nations, especially in Africa, where you can see in public women of any age without covering their breast.

In Japan by tradition, the uncovered breast of a woman (any age) is not considered against morality, only the genitals have to be covered.

Let me say, in Japan there is a difference between a panty and a bra.

#15 Axel

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

View Postyohan, on Mar 7 2006, 10:54 PM, said:

Why not in Europe, Axel? And is it not existing anymore there?

not existing anymore there, Yohan? To the contrary TOO MUCH!

Do I have to say more?

#16 Bluecat

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

Right, girls in Europe go from:

- Wearing bras with no breasts
- Wearing no bras with young breasts
- Wearing bras again with sagging breasts

And going from point 2 to point 3 can be pretty fast.
Especially without wearing a bra, gravity wins.
Conclusion, women have to wear bras if they do not want to fall into the third category too fast... ;)

#17 กำนัน

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

I want to see flow diagrams.

#18 Bluecat

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

Are Singaporeans getting too excited when seeing bras that are not white?
Is it the color or the bra?
Or stupidity from the people who asked them to remove it?
Well, not so stupid actually, I also prefer no bra... ;)

#19 britmaveric

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:29 PM

Bra isnt any use unless its filled.....  ;)

#20 Bluecat

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

And pretty often filled up with "paper" in Thailand.
But well, the new generation needs less paper, I think... :blink:

#21 msmsme

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostBluecat, on 06 March 2006 - 01:16 PM, said:

I would have thought the same in the very conservative Singapore.
Asking the girls to remove their bras in the toilets is unusual, to say the least...

Sometimes I think Singapore is more "eastern" than Vietnam.

#22 yohan

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Philippines in a Catholic school with nuns is even more 'eastern' than Singapore and Vietnam together.

#23 Azuredrak

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

It's true that you will be forced to get a haircut if your hairstyle is inappropriate (e.g. A 10year student old having a mohawk), or that you would have change your uniform (extra set loaned to you by the school) if yours is broken or altered, but I've never heard of bras being removed. Perhaps its a one-off case in which the teaching staffs failed to handle the situation appropriately.

As many school uniforms have white tops, it's glaringly obvious when a female student wears dark undergarments, especially so when it is so warm in Singapore (you sweat easily, wetting your uniform). I remember that when I was a kid, I often ran around my school during break times, and my uniform would be wet as though I've fallen into a swimming pool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise