Orient Expat Friends

HK pop star Gillian Chung nude photos in magazine

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Bluecat

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:40 AM

Probe into HK pop star nude photos

29 August 2006. Bangkok Post

Hong Kong (dpa) - Hong Kong leader Donald Tsang announced Tuesday that a government review would be conducted into a magazine's publication of semi-naked pictures of a leading female pop star.

Chief executive Tsang said he would hold talks over the regulation of covert surveillance in response to the row over the sneakily-taken pictures of 25-year-old Gillian Chung.

Chung, one half of the highly successful pop act Twins, is suing Hong Kong-based Easy Finder magazine for unspecified damages over the pictures which were taken backstage during a concert in Malaysia.

The pictures of Chung were published on August 22 and show her fixing her bra during a costume change in Genting, Malaysia, less than a week earlier.

Tsang, speaking about the incident for the first time, said Tuesday he shared the public concern over the pictures and wanted to review the former British colony's covert surveillance guidelines.

He told reporters there was a need to "strike a balance between press freedom and privacy" and said he would launch the review in recognition of public concern over the photographs.

Publication of the pictures triggered an immediate wave of condemnation from entertainers, political parties, women's groups and media organizations in Hong Kong.

More than 2,000 complaints have been lodged with the media watchdog the Television and Entertainment Licensing Authority and complaints have been lodged with police and an obscene publications bureau.

The magazine publishers, who have not responded to the furore or apologised to Chung, saw sales of the magazine rise by around a third and had to organise a second print run after copies sold out.

Chung is partnered by Charlene Choi in Twins, one of a number of top Canto-pop acts whose sickly-sweet pop songs sung in Cantonese are hugely popular in Taiwan and mainland China as well as their home city.

And here is the magazine page:

Posted Image
Picture from Twitchfilm (http://www.twitchfilm.net/)

Posted Image
Hong Kong singer Gillian Chung cries during a news conference entitled "Privacy and dignity: Hong Kong people's business" in Hong Kong August 28, 2006. Semi-nude photos of a Hong Kong pop star Gillian Chung taken with a hidden camera have sparked an uproar among fans and women's right groups. [Reuters]

Posted Image
Members of Hong Kong singing group, Gillian Chung (L) and Charlene Choi hold a banner which reads "Dignity" during a news conference entitled "Privacy and dignity: Hong Kong people's business" in Hong Kong August 28, 2006. Semi-nude photos of Chung taken with a hidden camera have sparked an uproar among fans and women's right groups.[Reuters]

From China Daily

Advertisement: Professional, ethical Expat personals in Hong Kong

#2 Bluecat

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

View PostBluecat, on Aug 29 2006, 06:41 PM, said:

And here is the magazine page:

Posted Image
Picture from Twitchfilm (http://www.twitchfilm.net/)

By British tabloid standards, pretty innocuous.
But well, in Asia...

#3 กำนัน

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:49 PM

It seems to have calmed down to a degree in the UK because of all the court cases for invasion of privacy.
Still bad enough though.

#4 chuchok

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:34 PM

I agree,but I still want to see the pics... :blink:

#5 Bluecat

Posted 30 August 2006 - 01:18 PM

She actually just readjusted her bra, nothing else, as seen on the left side of the picture.
Well, I guess she's not the kind wearing a bikini on the beach...

#6 chingy_

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:19 PM

poor girl she cries like she's a virgin or something, boo hoo they saw me pull up my bras...i swear i saw a movies of her having sex scene, pully boobs with nipple and all, she even show her little buss with a nice little azz... oh well atleast the movies pays, and these magazine dont

#7 กำนัน

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:24 PM

How would you feel if I posted images of your spotty white arse in an Emporium changing room on this website? :blink:  :blink:

#8 Bluecat

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

I agree with you Chingy, even if I did not see the movie you mentioned... :blink:  :blink:

#9 chingy_

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:07 PM

View PostMandrake, on Aug 31 2006, 08:24 PM, said:

How would you feel if I posted images of your spotty white arse in an Emporium changing room on this website? :lol:  :blink:
not a good idea, the public would he horrorify of what they will see  :blink:  :(

#10 Bluecat

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:40 PM

It seems she recovered nicely and does not care to be seen in bikini anymore... ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
20 september 2006. Hong Kong super pop duo Twins poses in bikini when shooting the music videos and cover photo for their latest Cantonese album "Ho Hoo Tan" on Saipan Island, United States.[source: Xinhuanet.com/Sina.com]

#11 chingy_

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

freaking whore trying to play innocent, problaly jacky chan got the juice for her, home boy trying to protect her and all.

#12 Farangmaikwai

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

Shes a pretty celebrity, she knew what she was getting into. As humans we deserve privacy, in reality you kiss goodbye to privacy. She will most likely accept a well deserved payment. Then hopefully shows us the rest....

It would be different if she had a hairy ass or something to hide, she is getting free promotion! maybe she owes the magazine money now??  ;)

#13 Bluecat

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:54 PM

View PostBluecat, on Aug 29 2006, 07:00 PM, said:

Posted Image
Hong Kong singer Gillian Chung cries during a news conference entitled "Privacy and dignity: Hong Kong people's business" in Hong Kong August 28, 2006. Semi-nude photos of a Hong Kong pop star Gillian Chung taken with a hidden camera have sparked an uproar among fans and women's right groups. [Reuters]

Wasn't she cute crying like that because her dignity had been violated...  ;)

#14 กำนัน

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Back in the news again...

Edison Chen (陳冠希) is at the centre of a media storm after explicit photos allegedly showing him in bed with rumoured ex-girlfriend Gillian Chung (鍾欣桐) surfaced on the internet.

Full story:
http://batgwa.com/story.php?id=544

I just don't understand this obsession with stars that let something slip. I started getting hundreds of referrals to this thread today, even though it's nowhere on Google... people are obsessed with this lame story. I just don't get it.

#15 Bluecat

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

It seems to be an obsession with naked stars.
Any pictures?  :(

#16 กำนัน

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

I just can't find this topic in Yahoo but there are 64 people reading this topic as I type and most are Chinese speakers who searched for the names using the Chinese characters above.

#17 กำนัน

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:47 AM

... correction, 124 people :(

Edit: 182 people

Edit again: 211

Edited by Mandrake, 11 February 2008 - 09:55 AM.

#18 Jetsam

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

Wow...if what I found were them, they're some pretty serious photos...

#19 Jack Fancy

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:10 AM

It's a very serious story here in China.  Edison Chen's laptop with over a thousand explicit photos showcasing most of his girlfriends and ex-girlfriends either naked or fornicating.  For the virginal sweet angelic ladies like the Twin girl, it's devastating.  And I've seen some of the pics... they are explicit!  But China's doing a good job of sweeping most of them off of the net.

here's a little story with a couple of fuzzed over pics:
HK sex scandal

#20 Jetsam

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:23 AM

Yep, the site I saw them on is down.
I'd say IRC networks are going like mad though...

#21 chingy_

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:08 AM

i found a few picture 100% quality, should i put the link here?

#22 กำนัน

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:00 AM

Link... but no image linking.

I've never seen anything like it... this thread is NOWHERE on the search engines, yet it's generating more traffic to a single thread than any other before. I can only begin to imagine how much traffic is going to sites with a higher ranking for these search terms.

#23 chingy_

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:20 AM

here are some, the site blur the picture but when click on it it is clear up
http://theblemish.co...s-sex-pictures/
http://theblemish.co...cilia-cheung-2/

Edited by chingy_, 14 February 2008 - 06:22 AM.

#24 kamikaze

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:53 AM

The girls must be total morons for letting him take those photos. It's obvious they know they are being photographed. These days, could anyone actually think such photos would never find their way onto the Internet?

I love some of the blog comments: "OMG, she's so hairy! OMG, he's so small!"

Edited by camerata, 14 February 2008 - 06:55 AM.

#25 kamikaze

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:41 AM

Umm... I should have said, "If the photos are not fakes..."

#26 Bluecat

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

View Postcamerata, on 2008-02-14 13:53:54, said:

The girls must be total morons for letting him take those photos.

"I admit that I was naive and very silly, but I've grown up now," Chung said

Was she far younger than now when the pictures were taken?  :(

She apologized to her fans for having such pictures taken of her (she does not exactly say it was pictures of her but well it seems to be pretty obvious some are indeed of her... )
Anyway, she should not apologize
At least not to her male fans, they probably do not mind.
And let me add, I'm not a fan of her... :(

#27 Jetsam

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:12 AM

I wasn't a fan of her  :(  :(

#28 hobbler

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:52 AM

She should invest in a hedge trimmer.

#29 Jack Fancy

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:12 AM

She's part of that bubbly cute s#*t that is fed to the masses...
So much so that over the last couple of years a few pop singer girls
that wear no make-up, have short hair and wear the un-sexiest clothes
imaginable have been very popular...
so now that's a part of the pop culture here... both are nauseating...
I'll take a grown woman any day... and sexy to boot...

#30 hobbler

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:33 AM

She's not exactly my type, but if I were single I wouldn't exactly kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

Edited by hobbler, 15 February 2008 - 03:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 Orient Expat™
Contact us/Advertise