Free WiFi Internet at Singapore Changi Airport
A few major airports in Asia are now offering free WiFi to all travellers, rather than giving commercial operators the opportunity to financially rape customers by charging exorbitant fees to access the Internet. Singapore's Changi is one of the best airports in the world and offers free Internet WiFi access to everyone and it's available in all terminal buildings and departure gates.
There is however a very small hurdle you have to negotiate before you can get the free access. Everyone needs a user name and password and if you have a local Singapore mobile phone/SIM card, you can register online and get the log in details sent to you via SMS... but as most travellers won't have a local SIM card, this method of registering will be useless...
It's not a problem though, as you can just walk up to any airport information desk and request your free account. You will have to produce your passport for some reason, but you'll be given an account straight away and you'll be surfing with any of your WiFi enabled devices within minutes.
At the time of writing, the free WiFi network name is Wireless@SG. There is also an FAQ maintained by the operator at the following link: Wireless@SG at Changi Airport
Need advice? Got a question? Go to our Singapore Forum
Key articles about Singapore:
Latest Singapore Forum Topics:• Fatal accident sparks angry night riot in Little India
• Is salary SD 3500 per month for 6+ years exp good for family of 2 in Singapore?
• Starting a company in Singapore
• Ask a Singaporean any question - The truth about Singapore!
• Working Holidays in Singapore
• Where to Go Via Ferry from Singapore?
• Singapore PR Renewed!
• 4 in 10 Singaporeans prejudge others based on race: Study
• Sh#t Singaporean Girlfriends say
• Problems entering Singapore again because of unpaid phone contract?
RSS: Singapore Feed