Free WiFi Internet at Singapore Changi Airport
A few major airports in Asia are now offering free WiFi to all travellers, rather than giving commercial operators the opportunity to financially rape customers by charging exorbitant fees to access the Internet. Singapore's Changi is one of the best airports in the world and offers free Internet WiFi access to everyone and it's available in all terminal buildings and departure gates.
There is however a very small hurdle you have to negotiate before you can get the free access. Everyone needs a user name and password and if you have a local Singapore mobile phone/SIM card, you can register online and get the log in details sent to you via SMS... but as most travellers won't have a local SIM card, this method of registering will be useless...
It's not a problem though, as you can just walk up to any airport information desk and request your free account. You will have to produce your passport for some reason, but you'll be given an account straight away and you'll be surfing with any of your WiFi enabled devices within minutes.
At the time of writing, the free WiFi network name is Wireless@SG.
Need advice? Got a question? Go to our Singapore Forum
Key articles about Singapore
Latest Singapore Forum Topics:
- What do you think about Lee Kuan Yew ?
- Can Expats Rent HDB Flats in Singapore?
- What should be monthly income to live in Singapore?
- Having a baby in Singapore
- 4 in 10 Singaporeans prejudge others based on race: Study
- Need help about accomodation in Singapore asap please
- Would I be accused of molestation under Singapore law?
- Why do cats in Singapore have really short tails?
- Creativity and equality at core of SDP's education policy
- Best place to live in Singapore with wife and newborn